muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:51 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_vote_lcapGalactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_voting_barGalactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_vote_lcapGalactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_voting_barGalactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Empty
PostSubject: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:16 pm

The first picture of this collection has been my desktop background from when it was published februari 2009. Decided to find some more high res pics of the Galactic center, added links for viewing large size.  Cool

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Hs-2009-02-a-print
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/files/2011/11/hs-2009-02-a-print.jpeg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection 594577main_hs-2009-02-b-print_full
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/594577main_hs-2009-02-b-print_full.jpg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Hs-2009-02-c-print
http://imgsrc.hubblesite.org/hu/db/images/hs-2009-02-c-print.jpg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Galcenter_msx_full
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0210/galcenter_msx_full.jpg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection 090706_tomorrowsstars
http://avenue.bg/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/090706_tomorrowsstars.jpg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Galactic_Center_Of_Milky_Way.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Galactic_Center_Of_Milky_Way..jpg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Gcenter
http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2009/gcenter/gcenter.jpg

Last picture shows what is flowing out of the Galactic center. below a normal sideview for comparison :

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection 01_galactic_outburst
http://www.ru.nl/publish/pages/674351/01_galactic_outburst.jpg

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection Outer-space-galaxies-milky-way-fresh-hd-wallpaper
http://turnlol.com/images/2012/10/outer-space-galaxies-milky-way-fresh-hd-wallpaper.jpg
Back to top Go down
sengoksa
quake God
quake God
sengoksa

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Awesome canner and the scary thing is this little planet is part of a dwarf
 galaxy that's colliding with the milky way at this moment and even scarier
 is the giant black hole at the centre of the milky way that's gonna gobble us up

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Didnt know about Earth being part of a dwarf galaxy, so I looked it up and indeed. Nice to know.  Smile

http://viewzone2.com/milkywayx.html

It's a bit worrying thinking about it yes. It means that we don't live in a organized starsystem, anything could happen. What scares me more though is that the Solar system is traveling into the 'Local Fluff' at the moment. Who knows what the effect on the sun and planets will be.

http://www.space.com/7708-fluffy-mystery-edge-solar-system-solved.html

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection 382659
Back to top Go down
Toilet_paper
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:56 am

Guys, you really should read a lot more about astronomy.
We have nothing to fear of the black hole in the center of our galaxy.
It's not like we are sucked into it in a straight line.
Our solar system is rotating around it, like the earth is rotating our sun.
The closer you get to an extremely heavy body, the faster you'll rotate around it.
Luckily, there is nothing to force us closer to it. Or further from it.
During the creation of our galaxy, the last couple of billion years, matter (like stars and planets) has been formed in certain orbits, at certain speeds, which makes them not being slung into outer space, neither being sucked into the center. It's been in balance ever since.
The distance totally depends on mass. Mass doesn't easily change on cosmic scale. Imagine, if earth were to be 40 times as heavy all of a sudden, e.g. if Mucky would drink all Stella available, or dorito would gain all the muscles needed to beat cujo at arm wrestling, yes, then earth would distance itself from the sun. But only slowly. Simple mathematics.
I'ts like slinging a 200 pound heavy hammer around instead of a 5 pound hammer.
Our star system is more organized than you think Canner.
It seeks balance constantly.
True, our galaxy has been gobbling up other small galaxies. But a collision on this scale takes millions of years to 'flatten out'. The age of humanity means nothing in these terms. A solar system like ours could even live on happily during such an event, like nothing had ever happened. If our sun would be the size of a tennis ball, in your hand, the closest next star would be on the surface Jupiter. Chance of a direct hit is close to zero.

Better yet, our galaxy is on a collision course with another galaxy.
When I reach king pro status on Quakelive, in a couple of million years, our galaxy is going to collide with the Andromeda Galaxy. Which is really large. Larger than our Milky Way. But, even then, damage is going to be minimal, due to the enormous mutual distances between stars.
They'll just swing around the two black holes, seeking balance. Only to change orbits of planets on a minimum scale.
However an impact I wouldn't like te be around is when our center black hole is going to merge with the Andromeda black hole. That's gonna be major fireworks. But that won't happen in the next 100 billion years...

These 'Local Fluffs' you're talking about are the remains of supernovae in our star system, creating interstellar winds our system is 'flying' through.
Our sun's heliosphere is capable of withstanding most impacts of cosmic radiation, luckily.

Besides the 'Local Fluff risk' and the 'Center black hole risk' you guys mention, there is at least one really serious risk we face: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betelgeuse  

If I were to choose, I'd pick World War III above this one anytime.

Pics are really cool tho. Very few can understand the beauty of these photographs, because it lies beyond their imagination.
Pity for them. But if you can actually see it, they show the most beautiful view man in our time will ever see. 

TP
Back to top Go down
sengoksa
quake God
quake God
sengoksa

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection 454371  Was just trying to scare Cujoway cunt still thinks the 
                    Earth is flat.... cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

*Adds 'Betelgeuse supernova' to list of space doom events*

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection 139183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection   Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galactic Center of the Milkyway pics collection
Page 1 of 1