muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:29 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_vote_lcapThe sky at night - Planet 9 I_voting_barThe sky at night - Planet 9 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
The sky at night - Planet 9 I_vote_lcapThe sky at night - Planet 9 I_voting_barThe sky at night - Planet 9 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The sky at night - Planet 9

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muckyman
Admin
Admin

The sky at night - Planet 9 Empty
PostSubject: The sky at night - Planet 9   The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 11:30 am

Not the same without Patrik Moore but still ok. The sky at night - Planet 9 139183

CANNER
CANNER

The sky at night - Planet 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The sky at night - Planet 9   The sky at night - Planet 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 1:18 pm

It is an interesting idea, but I don't know. Is it a planet, or is it a star? They don't even know themselves. If it has such gravitational effect it might as well be a second star. Like the Brown Dwarf that is spoken of in many legends and myths.

But then I thought how big is the solarsystem actually in lightyears? Once I found out, it is easy to see that it might as well be a planet that belongs to one of the neighbouring stars. Certainly when you look at how far out the unknown object(planet nine) supposed to go. The orbit they propose is over twice the diameter of the solarsystem. (in the video 21:56)

The sky at night - Planet 9 Oort-cloud-nasa-580x383

http://www.universetoday.com/104486/how-big-is-our-solar-system/ wrote:

In the furthest reaches of the Solar System is the Oort Cloud; a theorized cloud of icy objects that could orbit the Sun to a distance of 100,000 astronomical units, or 1.87 light-years away. Although we can’t see the Oort Cloud directly, the long-period comets that drop into the inner Solar System from time to time are thought to originate from this region.
The Sun’s gravity dominates local space out to a distance of about 2 light-years, or almost half the distance from the Sun to the nearest star: Proxima Centauri. Believe it or not, any object within this region would probably be orbiting the Sun, and be thought to be a part of the Solar System.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_stars_and_brown_dwarfs

cool
Back to top Go down

The sky at night - Planet 9
Page 1 of 1