muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

» SpaceX Starship 3 reentry fail
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 pm by CANNER

» FlowState: The FPV Drone Documentary (Full Film Official Release)
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm by CANNER

» Unitree Released B2 | Unitree H1 Humanoid Robot
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 3:19 pm by CANNER

» Inside China's Disturbing Death Vans
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm by CANNER

» LIVE! NASA IM-1 Lunar Lander Tracker
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 pm by CANNER

» First Drone Flight With Apple Vision Pro - A Totally Different Experience
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 pm by CANNER

» Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:03 pm by CANNER

» Live from Iceland Volcano
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:27 pm by CANNER

» How Screwed Are We? - This is Way Worse than I Thought
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 3:36 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPapa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_voting_barPapa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPapa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_voting_barPapa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Papa's Quad Build(s).

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 30, 2017 8:56 pm

muckyman wrote:
My taranis is also set up the old default way using the two sticks to arm / disarm
as I would hate to accidently knock a switch and have the quad sunddenly fall out
of the sky rolf .
Only need to move the throttle full right to arm, unless you changed the arming process yourself. Throttle fully left to disarm.

I would rather use a switch for arming, it gives some extra freedom for stick movement while flying, can't make certain moves now.

Think the SA switch is quite safe to set up for arm/disarm. Smile
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 10:53 am

Quote :
This leads me onto one more question for you guys, it seems to me it's best to have arm on the momentary switch (the one that releases back when you let go) does this make sense and is this possible, or will this not work because the software needs it to be always on to be armed? I say use this one as it can not be accidentally left on, although the Taranis would tell me anyway I guess when I power it on...

Have a look at this..... Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 139183

PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Thanks for you input chaps, it seems you can't just use momentary then as the Quad will just think it's been switched to disarm as soon as you let go of it, cool ok....
I'm not keen on using sticks either, so some form of switching is needed

muckyman wrote:
Have a look at this..... Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 139183

^^^ This is perfect, Logical Switch sequences, I did not know you could do that...
It's more than perfect, thanks Muckym spot on.

...So it is written... So it shall be done, N1 cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 11:40 pm

So, small update, got my new short posts to lower the top deck so I can have the battery on top.

...And got my anti-vibration dampers too, mounted them after almost taking the thing to pieces again lol, I may also route my wires through the arms by cutting a hole in the Carbon, so they can't be chopped by a crash, only learnt this recently...

And I've seen so many charts on batteries today it making my head spin, I know exactly what I want they just haven't made it yet... Wink

...so I'll finally settle for Turnigy Graphene 1300mAh 4S 65C ( I think). After studying charts, reviews, spreadsheets of data punch bursts. I decided a middle ground Graphene with a longer lifespan than standard will do, the extra bit of cash for more cycle times is worth it...

...All I have to do then is not crash and burn it for 300+ cycles, Wink

However, still saving money for a couple of batteries plus the ISDT Q6 Plus 300W Charger which I worked out last week I also need (I only have a 3s, noob mistake, only cost a tenner though)

Pics of update lower profile/ more sensible Nighthawk to follow.

I reckon I'm about 2-3 weeks away from first flight test, I only have 1 battery at the mo, it aint worth driving out for 4 mins of flight, correction, 20 seconds + a crash...
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:58 am

Quote :
20 seconds + a crash... 

Sounds like my sex life.. rolf .

Good luck with the battery testing...I can`t wait to test my TATTU 4S 95C  Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 2179795567

PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 7:51 pm

muckyman wrote:

Sounds like my sex life...

Good luck with the battery testing...I can`t wait to test my TATTU 4S 95C  Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 2179795567

Hahaha, those R-line's are fantastic batteries and would be perfect, but I've been trying to work out for the last two days which to get, whilst those you have would be perfect I can't justify spending that much on em.
I've decided not to just get the best I can, at least until I fly about a little first... So, sod the Turnigy Graphenes for now they cost too much, plus they are a little heavy too to be honest, and the other benefits they have don't outweigh that.
Even though I didn't think I'd changed my mind, I'm sticking with the very reasonably priced and well reviewed DroneLab batteries, they do an upgraded version now called the Chaos Clicky it's 4s 1300mah and 75c, and best of all they're only £20 and available in the UK.

Here's some pics of the new low riding Nighthawk. Will be drilling holes in arms and re-routing the wires for the motors/ESCs under the frame soon, think I'll order some spare arms to at some point, the new arms for mine already have the holes next to the motor mounts + spares will be needed and not available in future probably.

The XSR receiver is mounted under the top frame, stuck on with the white sticky back stuff.
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Img_2010

The aerial mount folds down in a crash, and when in it's little box... Wink
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Img_2011

So, next buy 2 batteries or save pennies for charger, I need both but don't have enough for all 3 things, feck it, buy two batteries first I think, then I'll have something new to sniff this week...
cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:27 pm

The lowered top deck looks awesome. Cool 

I wouldn't rely on only that sticky tape to hold the receiver, it will come loose eventually, and probably at some inconvenient moment. Best fix it with a tiewrap or otherwise. Wink
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 7:14 pm

CANNER wrote:
The lowered top deck looks awesome. Cool 

I wouldn't rely on only that sticky tape to hold the receiver, it will come loose eventually, and probably at some inconvenient moment. Best fix it with a tiewrap or otherwise. Wink

Thanks Canner.
...yeh I agree too cable ties definitely needed, was trying to be as stealth as possible, but it wont' stay there too long will it... Wink

Wish I had a 3D printer, I'll make a tiny clamp for it, in the mean time I'll fashion one out of pegs or something... hehehe.
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 11:21 am

Bought some extra bits for my Nighthawk... 2x 1300mah 4s 75c DroneLab Chaos batteries and and iSDT charger 300w.

Will be RTF after this I reckon, but I also bought a small kit drone to practise with so I don't bash up £300+ worth of lovelyness before I can fly properly...

...I bought the Eachine Aurora 100 100mm Mini Brushless FPV Racer BNF with Frsky Compatible Receiver + Eachine Firer 110mm Racing Frame, I got the frame as it seems the Aurora can be a bit fragile being only 1.5mm and they didn't have any Aurora frames in at the mo.
Plus lots of props, spare 2s 80c batteries, an android FPV receiver dongle (which will do for now, bad latency probably though), a motor gripper tool thingy, 2x silicone non-slip battery matt thingummybobs and a parallel charging board for my new iSDT.

I do realise this is a little more to handle than the brushed drones, but I can handle it I reckon, plus I can fly it indoors...
...fiddlesticks, I just remembered I was going to buy prop guards for indoor flying just in case and forgot, ARSE!

It's soooo fecking addictive when you've got a few dollars to spend and your browsing around BangGood, I spent at least an hour and a half browsing for stuff I didn't really need bought some of it too....
lol!
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 11:52 am

PapaLazarou wrote:
Bought some extra bits for my Nighthawk... 2x 1300mah 4s 75c DroneLab Chaos batteries and and iSDT charger 300w.

Will be RTF after this I reckon, but I also bought a small kit drone to practise with so I don't bash up £300+ worth of lovelyness before I can fly properly...

...I bought the Eachine Aurora 100 100mm Mini Brushless FPV Racer BNF with Frsky Compatible Receiver + Eachine Firer 110mm Racing Frame, I got the frame as it seems the Aurora can be a bit fragile being only 1.5mm and they didn't have any Aurora frames in at the mo.
Plus lots of props, spare 2s 80c batteries, an android FPV receiver dongle (which will do for now, bad latency probably though), a motor gripper tool thingy, 2x silicone non-slip battery matt thingummybobs and a parallel charging board for my new iSDT.

I do realise this is a little more to handle than the brushed drones, but I can handle it I reckon, plus I can fly it indoors...
...fiddlesticks, I just remembered I was going to buy prop guards for indoor flying just in case and forgot, ARSE!

Awesome you bought the Eachine, you will be surprised how well it flies. Cool

Think that latency of the Android receiver is mostly from the phone itself. Pretty sure a newer model phone can handle the image almost just as good as any fpv goggle.

Quote :

It's soooo fecking addictive when you've got a few dollars to spend and your browsing around BangGood, I spent at least an hour and a half browsing for stuff I didn't really need bought some of it too....
lol!

I always do that too. I go look for 1 or 2 smal items and end up with a giant shoppinglist. Smile Best thing to do at that point is save the list and do something else first, take some time to think it over and decide how much you need that stuff right now.

Should get me one of those motor gripper tools also, changing those sharp props can be quite painful without. Already had some nasty cuts simply from trying to hold the motor while tightening the propscrews. Surprised
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm

cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 3:41 pm

CANNER wrote:

Awesome you bought the Eachine, you will be surprised how well it flies. Cool

Think that latency of the Android receiver is mostly from the phone itself. Pretty sure a newer model phone can handle the image almost just as good as any fpv goggle.

I can't wait lol, cool, hopefully my MotoG5 should be able to handle it well, we'll so, no biggy if it doesn't, I have a foam Google Cardboard thingy too, so that'll help blacking out in daylight.

CANNER wrote:

I always do that too. I go look for 1 or 2 smal items and end up with a giant shoppinglist. Smile Best thing to do at that point is save the list and do something else first, take some time to think it over and decide how much you need that stuff right now.

Nah, spend away, it's more more fun, good guilty pleasure when it's possible lol as it doesn't happen vert often...

CANNER wrote:

Should get me one of those motor gripper tools also, changing those sharp props can be quite painful without. Already had some nasty cuts simply from trying to hold the motor while tightening the propscrews. Surprised

Yeh, I've seen them before looks perfect for the job too....

Nice video Canner, looks perfectly capable, of course I watched many before I decided, awesome, thanks for posting....
cool

Some new things arrived yesterday that I ordered from the UK.
From RadioC my batteries, who use DPD and give you pretty much the exact minute they'll arrive.
...and from a new place I found called AirJacker my Charger, both items arrived day after...
I also made a PSU from an old laptop, it can pump out 96w ~ish, which should enable me to charge 3-4 batteries at 1amp no problem.
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Img_2012

I can now officially fly it, but I'm still going to try to hang on to practice with the Aurora first, itchy fingers...
lol!
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Good stuff Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 590662

Quote :
I can now officially fly it, but I'm still going to try to hang on to practice with the Aurora first, itchy fingers...

You could try some hovering with selflevelling on. I understand you don't want to destroy your new creation right away, but if you fly low and slow over grass not much can happen. Other then having to clear the grass out of the quad after a crash or maybe replace a bend prop(or bend it back). Just start with careful flying till you get a feeling for the sticks. Smile

btw I found out it's a bad idea to land the Aurora on grass. Wink  The little machine is too light to bend the grass Surprised , instead it tips over and screws up the pids. The quad tries to correct itself, flips and digs into the grass ruining a good set of props. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 1:30 pm

CANNER wrote:
Good stuff Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 590662

You could try some hovering with selflevelling on. I understand you don't want to destroy your new creation right away, but if you fly low and slow over grass not much can happen. Other then having to clear the grass out of the quad after a crash or maybe replace a bend prop(or bend it back). Just start with careful flying till you get a feeling for the sticks. Smile

btw I found out it's a bad idea to land the Aurora on grass. Wink  The little machine is too light to bend the grass Surprised , instead it tips over and screws up the pids. The quad tries to correct itself, flips and digs into the grass ruining a good set of props. Rolling Eyes

Cheers Canner, yeh I may try low flying once this weather clears a little, but I need a bit of air for recovery as I want to dive into Acro straight away, we'll see, ta.

Still waiting for my Aurora + lots of other stuff from BGood, thanks for the grass warning...
...well past day 7 of waiting for delivery now, ARSE, no postman with presents today. #sniff# Sad
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 8:42 am

Quote :
well past day 7 of waiting for delivery now, ARSE, no postman with presents today

Special delivery is a little Chinese man on a bicycle,so may be a couple of
days later than expected due to the hot weather  rolf

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 10:56 am

Quote :
...well past day 7 of waiting for delivery now, ARSE, no postman with presents today. #sniff# Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Icon_sad

If you have a trackingcode you can see where the package is. If it has arrived in country of destination it can still take a few days.
From China 7-10 days is normal, but sometimes it's longer. I've seen packages go via Sweden or Switserland first, no idea why they do that.

Check here with the trackingcode: www.17track.net  Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 590662
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 12:48 pm

muckyman wrote:

Special delivery is a little Chinese man on a bicycle,so may be a couple of
days later than expected due to the hot weather  rolf

Hahaha, thanks lol

CANNER wrote:

If you have a trackingcode you can see where the package is. If it has arrived in country of destination it can still take a few days.
From China 7-10 days is normal, but sometimes it's longer. I've seen packages go via Sweden or Switserland first, no idea why they do that.

Check here with the trackingcode: www.17track.net  Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 590662

Cheers Canner, doesn't give me much to go on but is useful thanks, it is in the UK now apparently as of 4 days ago, just impatient...

Did get some bits from MakeItBuildIt today, so some new toys to fiddle with, mostly spares, pics, info & order fuck up details to follow. Wink
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 1:59 pm

So, yeh some bits came....
Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Bits10

I accidentally ordered 8 Tilted Motors Mounts, and yes you can probably guess what happened, there are 4 in each pack doh, 8 would be enough at 25p each but it was 25p for 4, so I now have 32 of them....
rolf

Also some 3 pin connectors same as yours Mucky, which I may use for ESCs but they do add 10grams per motor as I just weighed em, so an extra 40g ,hmmm, only cost a quid each though and will come in use somewhere down the line.

Also a spare Voltage tester thing, for a mere £1.00, useful little widget.

A couple of Camera tilt mounts too, a mere 25p each again.

And finally 4 spare arms for my Nighthawk, sold as Carbon Fibre replacements for my exact quad model, with correct cut outs for rear COB light etc. Only they are not carbon at all they are GRP with a carbon outer shell, I only noticed as the they clearly weighed more than the original and looking at the edge they didn't look like carbon at all, on checking they are 23g compared to 17g for the carbon ones!!!! And to make things worse the mounting holes are in the wrong fecking place PLUS they stick out further at inner bit, in a triangle shape instead of a straight cut 90degree angle, gits.
These were gonna go on my quad this afternoon too, as they also have holes near the Motors for routing the wire under the arms, this is THE reason I bought them. They will do as spares though, I can drill new holes easily, but It bothers me adding another unnecessary 20g, plus I have to replace all four if one breaks as the quad won't be balanced correctly, double gits!
Hey Ho, no biggy, just slightly annoyed at mis-description, but they were only £3 each compare to original price of around £8-£9 ish.
I'll remove my proper carbon arms now, and drill some holes for the motor wires, stick to originals until one gets damaged beyond repair.

Some bargains though, get over the the shop before they sell up....
cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Holes drilled in original arms, job done...
No choppy choppy motor wirey... Wink

Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Arm_ho10
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Does look very nice and tidy the wires underneath. But hate to say I don't think it is a good idea. One sliding or rough landing and the wires are ruined. Unless you're planning on taping some protection on the bottom, maybe some thick plastic from product packaging material is an idea. The wires can easily run on top of the arm without the risk of getting cut. Smile

Quote :
I accidentally ordered 8 Tilted Motors Mounts, and yes you can probably guess what happened, there are 4 in each pack doh, 8 would be enough at 25p each but it was 25p for 4, so I now have 32 of them....
lol! They must have been equally confused at the shop. Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 246381
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 pm

CANNER wrote:

Does look very nice and tidy the wires underneath. But hate to say I don't think it is a good idea. One sliding or rough landing and the wires are ruined. Unless you're planning on taping some protection on the bottom, maybe some thick plastic from product packaging material is an idea. The wires can easily run on top of the arm without the risk of getting cut. Smile

Thanks, yeh, that's a good point too, I will have it raised more than you can see on double height Neoprene pads when I stick em on. But yeh, on top chops wires, bottom rough landing kills em, underneath I think would be better though.
However, I've recently thought of a solution for this, and it would be light too, I've been trying top find Half Carbon Pipe last week, so I can use that to cover each run of wire, be it on top or underneath. Can't find that anywhere, so I'm gonna get some 6mm Carbon pipe, and cut it myself, maybe 7mm or 8mm actually, considering wastage and use this to cover each run of wire. Then it won't matter wether it's on top or underneath!
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 11:22 am

Ace I can get about a meter of tube 10mm o/d 9m i/d 1m long, that weighs around 25g, super light for about £12!
Experiment time, this could be a top super light & strong solution. Wink
I just need to do some maths to get the smallest half tube size that will fit all three wires to ESCs, I say maths, draw the circle on paper, half it and cut it out, see if wires fit ok, perhaps cardboard... Wink

From this place, top place actually, resonably priced, lots of choices for anything needed in Carbon Fibre...
http://www.easycomposites.co.uk

I could get it cheaper from China, but my other stuff STILL hasn't arrived and I'm not waiting another 2 weeks! Plus I can have a motorbike ride down to Stoke too, not too far on my little rocket ship. cheers
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Quote :
Ace I can get about a meter of tube 10mm o/d 9m i/d 1m long, that weighs around 25g, super light for about £12!
Experiment time, this could be a top super light & strong solution. Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 Icon_wink
Get a pair of 2 or 3 bladed Bullnose props(BN). 2 bladed are cheaper, and bullnose props are generally thicker then normal ones.
Cut off the blades and tape those under the arms for protection. They are slightly curved so perfect for the wires.
A pair of props is much cheaper then that tubing, and lighter too.

Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:54 pm

CANNER wrote:

Get a pair of 2 or 3 bladed Bullnose props(BN). 2 bladed are cheaper, and bullnose props are generally thicker then normal ones.
Cut off the blades and tape those under the arms for protection. They are slightly curved so perfect for the wires.
A pair of props is much cheaper then that tubing, and lighter too.

Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 139183

Thanks Canner, I'm aware of that idea, but I'm gonna go for the tube, it's much more secure.
It's a bit heavier though only few grams at most, and it's more permanent. I need 4x8mm lengths, so by my calcs (off top of my heed just now) it should only be 4grams in total, teensy amount + I might need 4 clamps a gram each at most. I'll try it as I'm just about to buy the tube, it may fail but I like the idea now.... Hehe.
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 12:55 pm

Aha!

BangGood delivery, yippee!...  cheers
...Unfortunately only 2 of 4 parcels arrived and the main one with my Aurora in it hasn't come grrr.
Will wait till tomorrow for postie again, then post some updated pics of my new toys for my new mini Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Papa's Quad Build(s).   Papa's Quad Build(s). - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Papa's Quad Build(s).
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next