muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

» SpaceX Starship 3 reentry fail
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 pm by CANNER

» FlowState: The FPV Drone Documentary (Full Film Official Release)
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAndys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_voting_barAndys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAndys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_voting_barAndys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Andys new bits and stuff.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 2:09 pm

After pissing about with the build posted above,the one with the emax white tops on it,finally got to the bottom of things,
The motors overheating was caused by what canner said (from bardwell),the bolts were to long and I had to use smaller ones.

Next one of the motors was playing up at times,not always and after hours and hours I got sick of it after the motor stopped working all together.Eventually found the fault after resoldering all joints and swapping and testing motors to be the ESC being faulty,so now waiting for a replacement to arrive.

Now a pic of the Gep box contents on my table.

Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 Gep

also bought some nice Emax bullet 30 amp ESC`s and can`t believe how small they are
here they are compared to a 5p and a pound coin.

Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 Esc

PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 2:56 pm

Cool matey, glad you got to the bottom of the motor problem, I imagine this long bolt issue being very common on all types of builds, will beware...

Nice new toys, lovely...
BangGood is like the new Argos for me, not that I ever bought lots of stuff, it's just that it's filled with loads of geeky shiny things, and for this new hobby it's pure paradise lol, now I need a good win on the 49s tonight as I need many more batteries all of a sudden... Very Happy

I do like the sound of that frame, I'm sure it's a little heavier having the Aly supports, but it's worth it for the extra toughness, and gotta love that yellow CFibre, looks a little like Kevlar, niiiice.

Wow, those ESCs are very very small indeed, do they do D-Shot, and is it 600?
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 7:18 pm

Quote :
Wow, those ESCs are very very small indeed, do they do D-Shot, and is it 600?

Yup 600

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 9:09 pm

muckyman wrote:
After pissing about with the build posted above,the one with the emax white tops on it,finally got to the bottom of things,
The motors overheating was caused by what canner said (from bardwell),the bolts were to long and I had to use smaller ones.

Next one of the motors was playing up at times,not always and after hours and hours I got sick of it after the motor stopped working all together.Eventually found the fault after resoldering all joints and swapping and testing motors to be the ESC being faulty,so now waiting for a replacement to arrive.

Aw that sucks, maybe that ESC shorted out because of the screws. No Glad you at least found and solved the issue.

Quote :
also bought some nice Emax bullet 30 amp ESC`s and can`t believe how small they are
here they are compared to a 5p and a pound coin.
Nice little ESC, almost wonder why the others are so big, if they can be that small.

Quote :
Eachine VTX03 Super Mini 5.8G 72CH 0/25mW/50mw/200mW Switchable FPV Transmitter arrived todayit`s
very small,here it is with the TX526 which is not much larger than a 10p coin
Not sure if you noticed yourself, was a bit of a surprise for me, so just as a heads up. Normally a VTX needs 12v, but this is a 3,2v-5,5v VTX. you can't solder it directly to the VTX point on the FC, since that usually outputs 12v. So you need to find another 5v source or use a 12v-5v step down converter.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 11:05 am

Quote :
12v-5v step down converter.
lol! scratch  I did not make that a link. And the part it refers to is wrong.

I meant this: LINK Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 11:16 am

CANNER wrote:
Not sure if you noticed yourself, was a bit of a surprise for me, so just as a heads up. Normally a VTX needs 12v, but this is a 3,2v-5,5v VTX

Holy fuck m8....I did not notice that at all  Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 306120  I assumed it was 12v
as normal.
It is a good job I haven`t tested it yet or I would of smoked it ffs.

I can`t believe I missed that,well done for noticing.

PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 11:29 am

Well spotted Canner....

N1...

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2017 8:43 pm

muckyman wrote:
Holy fuck m8....I did not notice that at all  Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 306120

/welcome

btw Almost finished my new build, will post a few pics tomorrow. Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andys new bits and stuff.   Andys new bits and stuff. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andys new bits and stuff.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2