HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Solar Eclipse live streams
Yesterday at 3:48 pm by CANNER

» Papa's Quad Build(s).
Yesterday at 12:58 pm by PapaLazarou

» Eachine EV100 FPV goggles
Yesterday at 12:11 pm by CANNER

» REAL UFO FOOTAGE 2017! NEW BEST UFO Videos compilation
Yesterday at 11:41 am by CANNER

» Superhuman LOS flying
Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:09 pm by PapaLazarou

» Betaflight RC Interpolation | HOW TO TUNE
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:27 am by muckyman

» The Strongest Freestyle Frame of 2017 ?? // Tinsly F50 Rocket Frame Overview
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:48 pm by PapaLazarou

» Setting a Dead Band on the Taranis
Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:44 pm by PapaLazarou

» FADE TO BLACK Live Stream with David Wilcock
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 pm by CANNER

» The Unexplained - David Paulides Missing 411 the movie
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 am by CANNER

» Betaflight 3.2
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:48 pm by CANNER

» GAME OVER! Musk's OpenAI Beats World's Best DOTA 2 Players
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:31 pm by CANNER

Top posters
muckyman
 
CANNER
 
sengoksa
 
cujoway
 
dorito777
 
_KLEO_
 
Firsty
 
Sinsinety
 
MikeyT68
 
2litre
 
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 pm

The Foxeer legend 3 is pretty stunning for the price, but I found this little gem released a short while ago...

Go to say, though this is slightly more expensive, £22 more than the Foxeer, this little beauty is pretty fantastic, and might just be the one I buy soon.

I apparently has the same sensor as the GoPro3, but seems to do a very comparable job to the GoPro5 probably down to high bit rate compared to original GoPro3.

I'm extremely impressed by this footage, of course it sometimes down to YouTube re-compression, but these videos of it are fantastic. But the sweet spot of 1080p 60fps looks brilliant, the quality really pops out.

Here's a review my New Zealand's finest wobbly handed flyer, love this chap, but his footage has been mauled a bit by YouTube I reckon, although it still looks great.


These shows it better, I'm well impressed by it capabilities and what I'm seeing here, I reckon it's better quality than the Foxeer, and handles White Balance better too.


And this comparing to GoPro5, does a pretty fine job.

And some Gyro Stabiliser tests comparisons.


There are many more vids of course, but for £142 I'm pretty much sold on this and it's in stock too unlike the Legend. For me anything above £150 ish is getting into GoPro price territory, and I'd be far to precious about it getting bashed (BTW it's got an aluminium case)
Mine... Basically... Wink
...as long as my previous £172 worth of kit arrives from BangGood that is, crossed fingers, I'm not a patient man at all, waiting has been sooooooooooo painful, but for the savings, yeh worth it, grrrrr or is it. Wink
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:04 pm

What do you think chaps compared to what you've seen before? Please take a look if you have time, would appreciated your opinions...

...it's gone up in price since, and today gone back down, I'm soo tempted I'm not sure whether to or not yet....
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 51
Location : Hull UK

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:32 am

I watched bardwells review of the foxeer and didn`t like it,this one seems much nicer and shit tons of features.

The next camera I get will be this one probably unless something
else comes out between then and now.

Is the 4K proper 4K or that upscaled bollox do you know ?

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:32 am

muckyman wrote:


Is the 4K proper 4K or that upscaled bollox do you know ?

Yep defo native 4k, not upscaled, but I reckon most don't use this as yet lots of people still have 1080p TVs and monitors. But it's 1080p performance is damn good....

I might actually spend a little less first time round TBH, I really can't make my mind up, something Canner said about getting a cheaper one. Although I haven't fully took your advice Canner I'm look at perhaps the RunCam 3 as it's 1080p performance is very very good, but it is about £100 ish. Also the RunCam 3 is being pulled when stock is depleted at the mo, as there a possible copyright issues with it's appearance and similarity to the GoPro Hero Session, but there's a shop in the UK that still has stock. Plus if I spend less, I can buy other bits as my winnings are running out... Wink

Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
CANNER
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:44 am

Quote :
Is the 4K proper 4K or that upscaled bollox do you know ?
Native 4k means it is true 4k, so no upscaled bollox.

About the camera, I'm pretty impressed how it handle the light, specially when filming towards the sun. Probably the best you can get for the price. But personally I wouldn't buy this as first camera to stick on a quad, specially when you are still learning to fly, I can guarantee it wont last long and crashing sucks a lot more with  £172 worth of camera extra.

Here's a cheap camera I recommend for starting. Quality is not the greatest, but acceptable. And if it breaks in a crash only £30 is lost. Can always get a better camera later when you're a bit more practiced and crashing less.

https://www.banggood.com/EKEN-H9-WiFi-Sport-Action-Camera-DV-Car-DVR-SPCA6350-4K-25fps-1080p-60fps-720P-120fps-New-Version-p-1085695.html?utmid=1770

You're better of buying extra batteries with the leftover money, instead of spending it all on a camera.
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:48 am

CANNER wrote:

About the camera, I'm pretty impressed how it handle the light, specially when filming towards the sun. Probably the best you can get for the price. But personally I wouldn't buy this as first camera to stick on a quad, specially when you are still learning to fly, I can guarantee it wont last long and crashing sucks a lot more with  £172 worth of camera extra.

Here's a cheap camera I recommend for starting. Quality is not the greatest, but acceptable. And if it breaks in a crash only £30 is lost. Can always get a better camera later when you're a bit more practiced and crashing less.

https://www.banggood.com/EKEN-H9-WiFi-Sport-Action-Camera-DV-Car-DVR-SPCA6350-4K-25fps-1080p-60fps-720P-120fps-New-Version-p-1085695.html?utmid=1770

You're better of buying extra batteries with the leftover money, instead of spending it all on a camera.

Thanks Canner, I'm a sucker for quality and not common sense lol, cheers. I might just buy a, or this, £30 ish one instead, I think it's gonna come down to how I feel on the day I buy....

N1....

Thanks for your inputs chaps...
cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 pm

Just found this camera, it has 50%off at the moment. Looks pretty good, and probably better then the previous I recommended.
Costs about £55, little bit more, but this camera looks lot stronger and lighter, also it is designed for fpv.

https://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-2-F2_8-155-Degree-Wide-Angle-12MP-HD-WiFi-Camera-For-FPV-Racer-Drone-p-1053384.html?rmmds=category

cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:13 pm

CANNER wrote:
Just found this camera, it has 50%off at the moment. Looks pretty good, and probably better then the previous I recommended.
Costs about £55, little bit more, but this camera looks lot stronger and lighter, also it is designed for fpv.

https://www.banggood.com/Foxeer-Legend-2-F2_8-155-Degree-Wide-Angle-12MP-HD-WiFi-Camera-For-FPV-Racer-Drone-p-1053384.html?rmmds=category

cool

Thanks mate, will look now, currently viewing videos of the Eken, tis ok for £30 I guess, not greatly impressed, BUT it is only £30 of course, definitely worth the dollars...
Ta mate, will look into the version 2 of the Legend right now, love the 3 but higher price of course, but I'll check this out, first a cuppa tea... Wink

N1 Canner, Spot any other let me know, much appreciated....
Back to top Go down
CANNER
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Another good one for the same price, though slightly less in quality, is the Mobius. It has about the same design, with the main advantage of being able to easily replace the lens in case it gets damaged or scratched after a crash.

https://www.banggood.com/Mobius-New-Version-Wide-Angle-Lens-C2-1080P-HD-Mini-Action-Camera-p-985644.html?rmmds=category

Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:58 pm

CANNER wrote:
Another good one for the same price, though slightly less in quality, is the Mobius. It has about the same design, with the main advantage of being able to easily replace the lens in case it gets damaged or scratched after a crash.

https://www.banggood.com/Mobius-New-Version-Wide-Angle-Lens-C2-1080P-HD-Mini-Action-Camera-p-985644.html?rmmds=category


Cheers, I've seen that before yeh it's a possibility.
I've also seen the Runcam 2 before too, SLIGHTLY more expensive again, around £60, but this might be my new cheap sweet spot....
Research time...
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:00 pm

Also, I believe the RunCam 2 has low latency, low enough for FPV..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 51
Location : Hull UK

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:57 am



I bought ONE OF THESE a while ago.
Not great but still good quality 1080p @ 60fps and has plenty of options
and of course the waterproof case all action cameras have.

_________________
Back to top Go down
http://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:00 pm

muckyman wrote:


I bought ONE OF THESE a while ago.
Not great but still good quality 1080p @ 60fps and has plenty of options
and of course the waterproof case all action cameras have.

Cheers Mucky.

I'll make my mind up eventually, each time I settle on a cheaper one, I see one for £20 more that looks awesome, then the same process happens again and I end up somewhere near £100 lol.

That one does look pretty neat for the price again, and the one Canner mentioned he had bought in your thread.

As yet, undecided, so I'll hang on a little longer.

Cheers for inputs, many appreciations...
cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:09 am

And now BangGood throw another spanner in the works by reducing the price of the (soon to be not sold anymore because of similaritites to GoPro) RunCam 3 to £80!!!! That's only £16 more than  the RunCam 2!!!

https://www.banggood.com/RunCam-3-64G-HD-1080p60fps-NTSCPAL-155-Degree-Wide-Angle-WiFi-FPV-Camera-p-1127476.html?rmmds=mywishlist

These won't be around much longer either, these will disappear quickly from BG at that price IMO.

WTF!

I hate BangGood, too much choice, too many good deals, too low prices, bastards!
Back to top Go down
CANNER
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3254
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:09 pm

PapaLazarou wrote:
And now BangGood throw another spanner in the works by reducing the price of the (soon to be not sold anymore because of similaritites to GoPro) RunCam 3 to £80!!!! That's only £16 more than  the RunCam 2!!!

https://www.banggood.com/RunCam-3-64G-HD-1080p60fps-NTSCPAL-155-Degree-Wide-Angle-WiFi-FPV-Camera-p-1127476.html?rmmds=mywishlist

These won't be around much longer either, these will disappear quickly from BG at that price IMO.

WTF!

I hate BangGood, too much choice, too many good deals, too low prices, bastards!
I hate more how 1 company can copyright the cube shape for cameras as their own. Fucking ridicilous! Mad It's like saying I claim the word 'the', everybody saying it owes me half their lifesavings or they may never use the word 'the' in a sentence again. And who was the first coming up with a rectangular box shaped action camera, and why was there never copyrightwhine about that?

There will be other better deals in the future, developments are going so fast, in half a year you will say; omg glad I didn't buy that thing. Or maybe you will say; aww too bad I bought that thing, now there is a better cheaper one.

cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 292
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:01 pm

CANNER wrote:

I hate more how 1 company can copyright the cube shape for cameras as their own. Fucking ridicilous! Mad It's like saying I claim the word 'the', everybody saying it owes me half their lifesavings or they may never use the word 'the' in a sentence again. And who was the first coming up with a rectangular box shaped action camera, and why was there never copyrightwhine about that?

Indeed, I agree, have you looked at the Polaroid cube lately, it came out in 2014 as an alternative to the GoPro Hero, then in 2015, GoPro basically copied them and released the session in 2015, they are remarkably similar!!!! Arseholes!!!




Quote :

There will be other better deals in the future, developments are going so fast, in half a year you will say; omg glad I didn't buy that thing. Or maybe you will say; aww too bad I bought that thing, now there is a better cheaper one.
cool

Indeed, but, that probably will happen, but I can assure you I will have spent my dollars by then lol, and I'm very impatient with money. Plus I wont be dissapointed with this as it's excellent quality for the price and close if not better then some GoPros at twice the price..
...and I've got an itchy trigger finger, go ahead BangGood make my day.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera   

Back to top Go down
 
SJCCAM SJ7 STAR 4K Action Camera
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Lone Brit Kid in the Lone Star State
» Daily Star: "Maddie mum in sad trip"
» Maddie Is Alive - Daily Star
» Beetlejuice Star Dies - Glenn Shadix
» Ordeal of Maddie's dad Gerry (Daily Star)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Quad copter tips and tricks-
Jump to: