HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» GAME OVER! Musk's OpenAI Beats World's Best DOTA 2 Players
Today at 12:31 pm by CANNER

» The Strongest Freestyle Frame of 2017 ?? // Tinsly F50 Rocket Frame Overview
Today at 11:55 am by CANNER

» Papa's Quad Build(s).
Yesterday at 9:57 pm by PapaLazarou

» Betaflight 3.2
Yesterday at 9:05 pm by CANNER

» KissFC Taranis Lua Setup - Control VTX, PIDS, Rates, Filters from Taranis
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:41 pm by PapaLazarou

» New frame Leopard
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:36 pm by PapaLazarou

» Better Tune
Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:43 am by CANNER

» laptop
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:36 pm by CANNER

» Are these the capacitors i need
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:20 pm by CANNER

» SWANS AND DEAD DUDES
Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:17 pm by CANNER

» COWS..TRAINS...STUFF
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 pm by cujoway

» FPV Rant: New UK Drone law proposals make me want to hurt myself
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:51 am by CANNER

Top posters
muckyman
 
CANNER
 
sengoksa
 
cujoway
 
dorito777
 
_KLEO_
 
Firsty
 
Sinsinety
 
MikeyT68
 
2litre
 
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 
 

 At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
muckyman
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4396
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 51
Location : Hull UK

PostSubject: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:45 am

I was very,very surprised at the level of quality control
at this motor factory.

To me it`s more of an assembly station than a factory as
they don`t actually manufacture the parts there.


_________________
Back to top Go down
http://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
CANNER
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:51 am

Also surprised to see how many handwork and manual quality checking there is.
Expected more of an automated process, but it really is mostly handed from one table to the next.


Quote :
To me it`s more of an assembly station than a factory as
they don`t actually manufacture the parts there.
I guess the guy wasn't allowed to go film in the real factory part, even the motor at the testing station was blurred/censored.
They're very careful with letting out company secrets like the fabrication process, this for obvious reasons.


Interesting video
Back to top Go down
cujoway
quake God
quake God
avatar

Posts : 1204
Join date : 2009-11-18
Age : 67
Location : in bed coughing

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:28 pm

this wont play for me u fucks
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 273
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:24 pm

That's awesome, brilliant quality control there too, pure quad-porn...
Gives me confidence in the production of these sorts of things, although I never really had that much doubt, but you need to know what to look for, cheapest aint always best, but sometimes it's better than higher US or elsewhere made stuff.

This is what My Steele has to say about cheap chinese parts.

"If you go to BangGood and bye all this cheap crap, you are definitely funding a thing that nobody in the hobby likes, and funding a thing that is potentially taking away from growing the hobby because your giving these Chinese succubuses. etc etc, blah blah...."
I used to like him, when I saw this last week I thought, what an out of touch, short sighted, narrowed minded, paid for, over sponsored, tash like a twat, fool!
He's so out of touch with how people get into the hobby that I simply couldn't believe hearing him say that. I still watch his stuff, but he clearly has no clue at all regarding various different and cheaper paths into the hobby. If it wasn't for BangGood and HobbyKing I would not be flying or building at all...
I'll put money on a lot of his stuff being manufactured in China, let alone the PC Parts / monitors he has or TVs, phones etc, arsehole, sorry, rant over Wink
For reference Mr Nobber I mean Steele's viddy...Mr Nobber

Cujoway, for you, linky to vidy...> Drone Factory

Thanks Mucky, that was ace!
cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3236
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:58 am

PapaLazarou wrote:
This is what My Steele has to say about cheap chinese parts.

"If you go to BangGood and bye all this cheap crap, you are definitely funding a thing that nobody in the hobby likes, and funding a thing that is potentially taking away from growing the hobby because your giving these Chinese succubuses. etc etc, blah blah...."
I used to like him, when I saw this last week I thought, what an out of touch, short sighted, narrowed minded, paid for, over sponsored, tash like a twat, fool!
He's so out of touch with how people get into the hobby that I simply couldn't believe hearing him say that. I still watch his stuff, but he clearly has no clue at all regarding various different and cheaper paths into the hobby. If it wasn't for BangGood and HobbyKing I would not be flying or building at all...
I'll put money on a lot of his stuff being manufactured in China, let alone the PC Parts / monitors he has or TVs, phones etc, arsehole, sorry, rant over
For reference Mr Nobber I mean Steele's viddy...Mr Nobber
This is simply a case of Trumpetitus, lots of americans suffer from it since the elections.
Eat, sleep, shit, and buy american made, or it is crap.

If it wasn't for Banggood, this hobby would be unaffordable for a lot of people including me. And yes China copies a lot, but I'm sure it happens the other way around also, that's how development works. If nobody copied anything it would be a very underdeveloped world. Ideas build on ideas of others.

Kinda liked Steele's videos, but it became less when he started growing the hipster beard. Now I just watch them for the flying. Smile
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 273
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:23 pm

CANNER wrote:
This is simply a case of Trumpetitus, lots of americans suffer from it since the elections.
Eat, sleep, shit, and buy american made, or it is crap.

If it wasn't for Banggood, this hobby would be unaffordable for a lot of people including me. And yes China copies a lot, but I'm sure it happens the other way around also, that's how development works. If nobody copied anything it would be a very underdeveloped world. Ideas build on ideas of others.

Kinda liked Steele's videos, but it became less when he started growing the hipster beard. Now I just watch them for the flying. Smile

Indeed mate totally agree, the Trump bullshit is definitely flowing through American psyches right now, especially short sighted since they're talking about dealings with THE worlds fastest growing economy that is China.
I mean there are copies of course, but indeed, either embrace it as development and progress, or simply jump on your moral high horse and don't buy and spend twice as much on possibly worse quality gear.
They may not sometimes be as good quality (there's a clear argument for them being better quality), but often the same factory makes a cheaper version of the branded item (take motors for example, as I'm sure you know) at a much cheaper cost, and is constructed and quality checked in exactly the same way. I have RadioC motors, 2204 2300KV, they are identical to the Emax ones, as far as I can tell they are the same, I won't know for sure until I examine some Emax myself, but it's a safe bet they are as people have reported online, and most of all 30% ish cheaper. This of course also means that Emax motors are also manufactured in China.

Also, where would we be without Matek, they make DC power solutions. Possibly now the best on the market are Matek PDBs, cheap, quality and reliable as far as I know, They now also make FCs and branching into Radio Receivers as well, one to be watched for sure, as they are great products.
Best of all Mr Mustache, they are based in China, so one of THE best power solutions and potentially everything else RC soon are Chinese!

Eachine, China based, the list I'm sure is huge as well as the fact lots of branded American parts are most likely manufactured there too...

Hipsters, yeh ffs, nicking our beards, stoshes and RC parts, gits. lol!
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4396
Join date : 2009-11-14
Age : 51
Location : Hull UK

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:36 am

Before cheaper Chinese products it would cost thousands to buy RC gear,that is why it was such a niche hobby for many years.
Yes there are cheap,crap Chinese parts but in my opinion the quality
has doubled in the last year alone and new innovations continue to
emerge in the Chinese market NOT the US companies.

As papa says Matek have always made cheap affordable electronics
for the RC hobby and now have got their shit together and the things
are actually functional and reliable,lol.This guy has tested some of their recent stuff and he is amazed how good they are.


_________________
Back to top Go down
http://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God


Posts : 273
Join date : 2017-01-11

PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:36 am

muckyman wrote:
...but in my opinion the quality
has doubled in the last year alone and new innovations continue to
emerge in the Chinese market NOT the US companies.

This is a very good point too, N1.
I've only been at it a year on and off the improvement from China mainly from what I've read and seen in viddys is far better than American stuff, so true. Goggles features are also another, Fatshark are nice and small, but haven't changed, improved or developed much much at all. The have Headquarters in China, but have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, meh can call em American I guess, I'll bet they design them in the U.S...
[/quote]

Quote :
...This guy has tested some of their recent stuff and he is amazed how good they are.

Indeed, I watched his viddy on the new F405FC + my Matek FCHUB-6S that's in the Gravity before being convinced, only subscribed to his channel last week. I like the neat ribbon cable connector between these two, nice idea and very neat.

A force to be reckoned with, and it benefits us all.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?   

Back to top Go down
 
At a Drone Motor Factory in China. What's it like?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» China gives £50 million in aid so mobile phones work on underground by the Olympics
» Jaguar/land rover to be built in China
» Strict School Rules in China seem bizarre
» Karen Hu Yanliang - CHINA UNIVERSE 2014 (ASCENDED)
» Should motor racing be banned?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gadgets and Tech-
Jump to: