Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

A DNA nanorobot is programmed to pick up and sort molecules into predefined regions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER

PostSubject: A DNA nanorobot is programmed to pick up and sort molecules into predefined regions   Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:19 pm

A DNA nanorobot is programmed to pick up and sort molecules into predefined regions

Quote :

Imagine a robot that could help you tidy your home: roving about, sorting stray socks into the laundry and dirty dishes into the dishwasher. While such a practical helper may still be the stuff of science fiction, Caltech scientists have developed an autonomous molecular machine that can perform similar tasks—at the nanoscale. This "robot," made of a single strand of DNA, can autonomously "walk" around a surface, pick up certain molecules and drop them off in designated locations.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Suspect  

Just today I was thinking how with nanotechnology soon they will find a way to rebuild teeth.
Or even better strengthen bones by adding a compound, similar to Wolverine from Xmen.
Little bit surprised to now read that it will take even shorter then imagined,
they actually already build a prototype nanobot that can possibly do those things. Surprised
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1