muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

» SpaceX Starship 3 reentry fail
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 pm by CANNER

» FlowState: The FPV Drone Documentary (Full Film Official Release)
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm by CANNER

» Unitree Released B2 | Unitree H1 Humanoid Robot
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 3:19 pm by CANNER

» Inside China's Disturbing Death Vans
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm by CANNER

» LIVE! NASA IM-1 Lunar Lander Tracker
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 pm by CANNER

» First Drone Flight With Apple Vision Pro - A Totally Different Experience
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 pm by CANNER

» Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:03 pm by CANNER

» Live from Iceland Volcano
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:27 pm by CANNER

» How Screwed Are We? - This is Way Worse than I Thought
Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 3:36 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Looking for new FPV goggles I_vote_lcapLooking for new FPV goggles I_voting_barLooking for new FPV goggles I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Looking for new FPV goggles I_vote_lcapLooking for new FPV goggles I_voting_barLooking for new FPV goggles I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Looking for new FPV goggles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Looking for new FPV goggles Empty
PostSubject: Looking for new FPV goggles   Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 12:49 pm

Though the goggles I have now are good enough to fly with, there is a problem with one of the LCD screens. Sometimes it fails and displays a white screen. Luckily it is only one of the eyes, so I can still fly around and land safely with the other, but it sucks anyway. If I carefully bend the goggles, then the LCD comes back on. I have opened up the goggles to see if I could find the problem. I did find it, but it's not an easy fix. The part that's broken is called the 'LCD driverboard', one of the chips appears to have a broken solderjoint. I can try to fix it, but the risk of screwing it up is pretty high. Right now the goggles still work kinda, so I better leave it as it is till I have replacement goggles.

So I've been looking for new goggles, but it is very difficult. The only goggles that are perfect, are the most expensive. All the other goggles have good and bad things, but none is as complete as the DominatorHD3.

Skyzone SKY01S                      €245
Aomway Commander Goggles V1  €300
Fatshark Attitude V4                 €270
Fatshark Dominator HD3             €440 + €75

Because of the price I almost bought the Attitude V4, it features 32° fov, 640x480res@4:3, a DVR and Oled bandwith monitor. But no diversity and HDMI.
The Skyzone is cheap, 30° FOV, 854X480res, but no DVR and no HDMI and it has 16:9 screenformat (while all my fpvcams are 4:3)
The Commander looks interesting, but several reviewers warned about bad quality LCDs, where one is brighter then the other. So not sure.
Also the LCDs are 16:9, but when using the 4:3 option, the FOV gets much less then the original 32​​°.
This leaves the Dominator HD3 as best option, 42​​°FOV, 800x600@4:3, DVR, HDMI. Only it comes without diversity module and antennas, which adds about €75 to the total price.

Hopefully next month I have saved enough, otherwise it will be a month later. Looking for new FPV goggles 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new FPV goggles   Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 9:54 am

My opinion is if your going to spend 200 + you may aswell go all in and save up a bit longer,as it is the stormy season coming and buy the fat shark D3`s.
No point going up to the high range price`s and getting something that
doesn`t have all the features your looking for.

The biggest surprise for me is that fat shark have not brought out a newer goggle set with the most innovative features possible.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new FPV goggles   Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 1:40 pm

muckyman wrote:
My opinion is if your going to spend 200 + you may aswell go all in and save up a bit longer,as it is the stormy season coming and buy the fat shark D3`s.
No point going up to the high range price`s and getting something that
doesn`t have all the features your looking for.

Was thinking the same. Though the HD3 costs considerably more then the others, it is the most complete and also the only goggles with a wide FOV, which enhances the flying experience. The goggles are the most important of the whole FPV experience, so I'm willing to spend a bit more on them.

Quote :
The biggest surprise for me is that fat shark have not brought out a newer goggle set with the most innovative features possible.
I've also wondered why they don't innovate more. I think Fatshark is only a small company, coming up with new releases too fast can be bad for your own business. Plus there must be technical issues. For example sending a 1080p videosignal, uses more data, introduces more latency, drains battery quicker, etc.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new FPV goggles   Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 1:58 pm

For comparison: when looking inside goggles with 30°FOV LCD screens, it's like sitting in front of a 32" TV at just under 1 meter distance.
It is quite small, so details can sometimes be hard to see, but it is large enough to give an immersive feeling of vertigo.
The 42°FOV from the HD3 is over 25% larger then the others, well worth spending that extra money.  Surprised
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new FPV goggles   Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 02, 2017 9:04 pm

http://www.fatshark.com/product/base-hd-fpv-headset-goggles/

Found this on the Fatshark website. Their latest goggles will have 1280x720 res screens, but only 28°FOV.
I don't get it, with this small FOV it is not interesting for me. Why not upgrade the HD3 (res800x600) to real HD. Looking for new FPV goggles 1432
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for new FPV goggles   Looking for new FPV goggles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for new FPV goggles
Page 1 of 1