muckyman.co.uk

HomeEventsRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
Top posters
muckyman
 The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_vote_lcap The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_voting_bar The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_vote_rcap 
CANNER
 The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_vote_lcap The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_voting_bar The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
Sinsinety
2litre
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) Empty
PostSubject: The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018)    The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 4:02 pm

The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) 590662
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018)    The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 1:14 pm

Nice indeed.
Notice the Unreal version looks far better than the Unity version and has much greater depth of field view to show more detail further out.
The Unity version pretty much blurs and depth reduces everything further than about 2 meters away, you can see at some points the LOD (Level Of Detail) being adjusted not far away when it gets closer. It uses this technique for good reason, it's no where near as fast as Unreal running a full PC demo. This is because Unreal can produce stand alone code that doesn't rely on any back-end to run it, Unity does need a back-end interpreter, and is therefore slower.

It's getting pretty amazing though, the key thing here is the assets, properly grabbed via photogrammetry techniques to attain the highest possible detail and accuracy. This is the single most important thing in moving forward with realistic real world texturiung.

Pretty awesome stuff.

cool

Back to top Go down

The Most Realistic Looking Game Demo So Far! - Book Of The Dead (2018)
Page 1 of 1