muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

» SpaceX Starship 3 reentry fail
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 pm by CANNER

» FlowState: The FPV Drone Documentary (Full Film Official Release)
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm by CANNER

» Unitree Released B2 | Unitree H1 Humanoid Robot
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 3:19 pm by CANNER

» Inside China's Disturbing Death Vans
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm by CANNER

» LIVE! NASA IM-1 Lunar Lander Tracker
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 pm by CANNER

» First Drone Flight With Apple Vision Pro - A Totally Different Experience
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 pm by CANNER

» Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:03 pm by CANNER

» Live from Iceland Volcano
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:27 pm by CANNER

» How Screwed Are We? - This is Way Worse than I Thought
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 3:36 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_vote_lcapRobotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_voting_barRobotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_vote_lcapRobotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_voting_barRobotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house Empty
PostSubject: Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house   Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house—even a mite doesn't fit through the door

https://phys.org/news/2018-05-robotic-world-smallest-houseeven-mite.html

Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house 1-roboticassem

A French nanorobotics team from the Femto-ST Institute in Besançon, France, assembled a new microrobotics system that pushes forward the frontiers of optical nanotechnologies. Combining several existing technologies, the μRobotex nanofactory builds microstructures in a large vacuum chamber and fixes components onto optical fiber tips with nanometer accuracy. The microhouse construction, reported in the Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology A, demonstrates how researchers can advance optical sensing technologies when they manipulate ion guns, electron beams and finely controlled robotic piloting.

Until now, lab-on-fiber technologies had no robotic actuators for nanoassembly, so working at this scale inhibited engineers from building microstructures. This innovation allows miniaturized sensing elements to be installed on fiber tips so engineers can see and manipulate different components. With this advancement, optical fibers as thin as human hair can be inserted into inaccessible locations like jet engines and blood vessels to detect radiation levels or viral molecules.
"For the first time we were able to realize patterning and assembly with less than 2 nanometers of accuracy, which is a very important result for the robotics and optical community," said Jean-Yves Rauch, an author on the paper.

cool
Back to top Go down

Robotic assembly of the world's smallest house
Page 1 of 1