muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

» SpaceX Starship 3 reentry fail
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2024 2:52 pm by CANNER

» FlowState: The FPV Drone Documentary (Full Film Official Release)
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2024 10:32 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 3:29 pm by CANNER

» Unitree Released B2 | Unitree H1 Humanoid Robot
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 3:19 pm by CANNER

» Inside China's Disturbing Death Vans
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 3:07 pm by CANNER

» LIVE! NASA IM-1 Lunar Lander Tracker
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2024 3:32 pm by CANNER

» First Drone Flight With Apple Vision Pro - A Totally Different Experience
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 10:09 pm by CANNER

» Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:03 pm by CANNER

» Live from Iceland Volcano
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 2:27 pm by CANNER

» How Screwed Are We? - This is Way Worse than I Thought
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 3:36 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_vote_lcapResearch team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_voting_barResearch team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_vote_lcapResearch team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_voting_barResearch team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling Empty
PostSubject: Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling   Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:41 am

This is going to take 3d printing to a whole new level.  Cool
First the possibility of creating new materials, and second as it develops it will lead to a real Startrek replicator.

Quote :
After their recent pioneering experiments to couple light and matter to an extreme degree, Rice University scientists decided to look for a similar effect in matter alone. They didn't expect to find it so soon.

Rice physicist Junichiro Kono, graduate student Xinwei Li and their international colleagues have discovered the first example of Dicke cooperativity in a matter-matter system, a result reported in Science this week.
The discovery could help advance the understanding of spintronics and quantum magnetism, Kono said. On the spintronics side, he said the work will lead to faster information processing with lower power consumption and will contribute to the development of spin-based quantum computing. The team's findings on quantum magnetism will lead to a deeper understanding of the phases of matter induced by many-body interactions at the atomic scale.
Instead of using light to trigger interactions in a quantum well, a system that produced new evidence of ultrastrong light-matter coupling earlier this year, the Kono lab at Rice used a magnetic field to prompt cooperativity among the spins within a crystalline compound made primarily of iron and erbium.
"This is an emerging subject in condensed matter physics," Kono said. "There's a long history in atomic and molecular physics of looking for the phenomenon of ultrastrong cooperative coupling. In our case, we'd already found a way to make light and condensed matter interact and hybridize, but what we're reporting here is more exotic."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Research team finds evidence of matter-matter coupling
Page 1 of 1