Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Highly unusual incident occurs in NE Massachusetts 9/13/18

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER

PostSubject: Highly unusual incident occurs in NE Massachusetts 9/13/18   Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Apparently the gascompany made an error and overpressured the system, which caused the explosions and fires.
Or is this something else? Are they covering up something bigger?

I'm not sure about this 'error', it's an easy excuse. Imagine this happening in New york or any other big city.
An entire neighbourhood would blow up, appartment buildings collapse etc, hundreds dead. Suspect

My first thought went to San Andreas fault, Yellowstone, but both aren't even close to Massachusetts.
So I searched google for Massachusetts+volcano. I put the article below.
According to the article it might take millions of years before it becomes a volcano.
But they don't really know, it might not be millions of years also. Wink

A new supervolcano is brewing under Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Something unexpected has been gradually making itself known to geologists in the United States. A huge mass of molten rock is creeping upwards beneath the nation’s north eastern states.
“The upwelling we detected is like a hot-air balloon, and we infer that something is rising up through the deeper part of our planet under New England,” says Rutgers University geophysicist Professor Vadim Levin.
Traces of the brooding mass only became evident through a large-scale new seismic study.
The idea that there may be a super volcano brewing under Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire is something of a surprise.
“Our study challenges the established notion of how the continents on which we live behave,” Professor Levin says. “It challenges the textbook concepts taught in introductory geology classes.”
The region is geologically stable. There are no active volcanoes.
So the massive magma build-up must be a relatively recent event.
But, in the timescale of Earth’s geological processes, this still means tens of millions of years.
Back to top Go down

Highly unusual incident occurs in NE Massachusetts 9/13/18
Page 1 of 1