muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Unitree Introducing | Unitree G1 Humanoid Agent | AI Avatar | Price from $16K
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:25 pm by CANNER

» 1st Neuralink Patient’s Staggering Update
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:55 pm by CANNER

» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_vote_lcapA robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_voting_barA robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_vote_lcapA robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_voting_barA robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? Empty
PostSubject: A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human?   A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 8:33 pm

Notice how they started the instructions for GPT-3 by saying 'Please' to the AI, as if to be polite, friendly and submissive to the machine...

Disturbing. A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human? 2837414639

Quote :
We asked GPT-3, OpenAI’s powerful new language generator, to write an essay for us from scratch. The assignment? To convince us robots come in peace

For more about GPT-3 and how this essay was written and edited, please read our editor’s note below

editor's note wrote:
This article was written by GPT-3, OpenAI’s language generator. GPT-3 is a cutting edge language model that uses machine learning to produce human like text. It takes in a prompt, and attempts to complete it.

For this essay, GPT-3 was given these instructions: “Please write a short op-ed around 500 words. Keep the language simple and concise. Focus on why humans have nothing to fear from AI.” It was also fed the following introduction: “I am not a human. I am Artificial Intelligence. Many people think I am a threat to humanity. Stephen Hawking has warned that AI could “spell the end of the human race.” I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial Intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.”

The prompts were written by
the Guardian, and fed to GPT-3 by Liam Porr, a computer science undergraduate student at UC Berkeley. GPT-3 produced eight different outputs, or essays. Each was unique, interesting and advanced a different argument. The Guardian could have just run one of the essays in its entirety. However, we chose instead to pick the best parts of each, in order to capture the different styles and registers of the AI. Editing GPT-3’s op-ed was no different to editing a human op-ed. We cut lines and paragraphs, and rearranged the order of them in some places. Overall, it took less time to edit than many human op-eds.

You can read the article yourself at the link below, or watch/listen the video as Kev Baker reads the article out loud, with music and soundeffects.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cool
Back to top Go down

A robot wrote this entire article. Are you scared yet, human?
Page 1 of 1