muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:17 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_vote_lcapUnknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_voting_barUnknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_vote_lcapUnknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_voting_barUnknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth Empty
PostSubject: Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth   Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 12:14 pm

Maybe the aliens found Elon Musks sports car, and are now sending one of their own. What a Face  Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth 169784

I find it a bit strange NASA is speculating, as if they are not sure what it is. They can track it well enough to be able to predict it will orbit the Earth, also they should be able to scan the object to determine it's composition to be ice or rock or metal. Suspect

The video is only text with animations and music, the text is the same as below:

Quote :
An object is on its way to enter the Earth's orbit to become a temporary "mini-moon" but an expert from NASA believes it may actually just be a piece of space junk from the 1960s.

First observed on Aug. 19, the object dubbed Asteroid 2020 SO. It has been predicted to enter the Earth's orbit some 27,000 miles away in the coming months and stay there for about six months with its closest approaches to Earth likely happening in December 2020 and in February 2021.

But what's interesting about 2020 SO is that it may not turn out to be a mini-moon when it comes close to Earth's orbit. Asteroid 2020 SO is suspected of being the Surveyor 2 centaur rocket booster, launched on 20 September 1966. The Earth-like orbit and low relative velocity suggest a possible man-made object.

The estimated size of 2020 SO matches the properties of a 1960s-era Centaur stage. According to NASA's CNEOS database, the object is between 6.4 and 14 metres (21 and 46 feet) long. A Centaur stage measures 12.68 metres (41.6 feet).

With just a short time before the object comes closer to Earth experts will soon be able to confirm whether 2020 SO is, indeed, a space rock that will serve as a temporary mini-moon or it is the long lost booster, or even something outside of this world.

We'll wait and see.

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth   Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 7:56 am

Don`t they track space junk ? so if it was that then they
would surely know ?
Probably a small asteroid,strange they only just noticed it
or have they known for months and only just now telling us.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth   Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 12:54 pm

Quote :
Don`t they track space junk ? so if it was that then they
would surely know ?
Yes, they have project NEOO: Near-Earth Object Observations Program

https://www.nasa.gov/planetarydefense/neoo

That's why it's a little strange they are speculating. scratch

Space junk has a certain signature or metallic composition, they should be able to recognize that I guess.

Quote :
Probably a small asteroid,strange they only just noticed it
or have they known for months and only just now telling us.
They found it about 6 weeks ago. It will arrive in december, which is only 2 months away, so it can't be that far out.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth   Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2020 7:34 pm

Quote :
Space junk has a certain signature
I did not mean every little piece of debris, but things like a rocketbooster or old satellite, should be identifiable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth   Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unknown Space Object Heading Towards Earth
Page 1 of 1