muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:30 pm by CANNER

» Unitree Introducing | Unitree G1 Humanoid Agent | AI Avatar | Price from $16K
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:25 pm by CANNER

» 1st Neuralink Patient’s Staggering Update
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:55 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_vote_lcapHow to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_voting_barHow to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_vote_lcapHow to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_voting_barHow to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 Empty
PostSubject: How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2022 1:40 pm

Good tutorial How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 139183

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Making the automaterial wasn't that difficult. Cool
But finding a good heightmap and making it compatible with Unreal wasn't so easy.
Eventually I found using a terrain builder like Gaea gave the nicest result.
Still got some tweaking to do and add some stuff, but it's starting to look like a landscape. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2022 12:49 pm

Well, that was a nice exercise. Rolling Eyes 
Late night I was almost done, but the pc got a bit slow, so I saved everything and restarted my pc.
When I tried to reload the project I got an error saying the file was corrupt and it would not load.
There was no backup to restore it and now I have to start over again.
But this time it will go a lot faster because now I know what to do. Smile 
And ofcourse I will have to make backups or see if I can enable autobackup. Wink
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 12:09 pm

Awww  man...sucks donkey balls bigtime when you lose your work   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 98146

As ya say next time will be quicker m8y.

Dunno if i showed you this JS placement before but i wonder if you could
use it in unreal to make futuristic cities or something like that.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2022 1:09 pm

Quote :
Awww  man...sucks donkey balls bigtime when you lose your work   [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As ya say next time will be quicker m8y.

I could eventually recover it partly, enough to rebuild and continue. 
Will post an update soon, working on the clouds now. Smile

Quote :
Dunno if i showed you this JS placement before but i wonder if you could
use it in unreal to make futuristic cities or something like that.
Had not heard about this tool before, saved it to try out later. How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 139183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4   How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make a Landscape Auto Material : UE4
Page 1 of 1