muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:42 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_vote_lcap'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_voting_bar'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_vote_lcap'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_voting_bar'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition Empty
PostSubject: 'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition   'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 1:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Americans had "Pac-Man Fever" as far back as 1981 but it has taken until now for the World Health Organization to officially recognize that playing video games too often could be a mental health disorder.

The WHO is planning to add the term "Gaming Disorder" to its official list of diseases in 2018, according to a draft of the organization's 2018 International Classification of Diseases.
The WHO's description of Gaming Disorder says that those who are afflicted are characterized by a pattern of persistent or recurrent gaming behavior, either on digital devices like smartphones or video-gaming offline on machines.
According to the WHO's description you may have a problem if your symptoms include impaired control over gaming—you just can't stop playing. Right now you are jonesing for a round of "Horizon: Zero Dawn," "Assassin's Creed: Origins" or "Star Wars: Battlefront II," that millions are playing at this very second and you feel left out. This could be a red flag.
Or, you give an increased priority to playing video games to the point they take precedence over other life interests and daily activities like eating and sleeping and socializing.
And, the continuation and escalation of gaming continues even after you suffer negative consequences like getting fired for playing on company time or you keep losing relationships because you just aren't present.
The WHO's classification means that doctors and insurance companies can recognize Gaming Disorder as a disease.
The WHO's clinical description does not include prevention or treatment options.
But Forbes suggests you can self-diagnose by asking yourself the same questions people use to detect alcohol addition. Just swap the word "alcohol" for "gaming." If you identify strongly with the four questions you may have a problem and are advised to try to cut down:
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your gaming?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing your gaming?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your gaming?
- Are video games usually the first thing you think about in the morning when you wake up?

'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition 960164

Clearly a case of  'government regulations disorder'  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition   'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 9:22 pm

I never do these puzzles, but just to show how silly this 'gaming dissorder' regulation is.  :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Overregulation is making us all into mentally ill criminals. 'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition 685817
Back to top Go down

'Gaming Disorder' recognized as a worldwide mental health condition
Page 1 of 1