muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:17 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_vote_lcap FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_voting_bar FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_vote_lcap FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_voting_bar FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

FPV drone stuff

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Glad I found this video, before finding it out myself. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:01 pm

canner wrote:
Wow  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 Icon_eek Well,  I figure you probably couldnt sleep last night from the leg pain.
But I can never sleep that long, was awake at 6AM today.
Beat ya...I was up at 5am but fell asleep on couch watching breakfast tv after a hefty dose of morphine

and gabba pentin.  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 719771

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 9:34 pm

muckyman wrote:
canner wrote:
Wow  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 Icon_eek Well,  I figure you probably couldnt sleep last night from the leg pain.
But I can never sleep that long, was awake at 6AM today.
Beat ya...I was up at 5am but fell asleep on couch watching breakfast tv after a hefty dose of morphine

and gabba pentin.  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 719771

That's a pretty nasty cocktail for breakfast. So the pain is pretty much unbearable untill you pass out from either booze or pills.
More shit that the wounds aren't healing properly, as I understand the situation. Just cutting booze is not enough, so I'm not even going there.

If you're not taking it already, do yourself a favor and get some liposomal vitamine C with that cocktail, this is not a suggestion.  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 518657
You probably still going to need surgery, but it will help healing your wounds and prevent infection from getting worse.

Be sure to get this brand, if out of stock find another store, and start taking it daily asap:
http://www.red23.co.uk/Dr-Mercola-Liposomal-Vitamin-C-60-Caps_p_2282.html

Listen to the nice lady  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 139183

BTW: I got my very tiny nano quadcopter today. cheers Already flown around the room a bit, but it's not easy. Smile
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 1:03 pm

Think I figured out why it is hard to get the quadcopter under control. Apparently it is very important to calibrate the gyro regulary.
If the quadcopter drifts to the side even a little bit, you have to correct, which makes it very hard to do a stable flight. Smile

Skip to the last part to see how it's supposed to be flying:

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Still waiting for my Eachine... shipping information at Banggood says it was processed at the airport yesterday, so it won't take much longer. bounce

In the meantime:

I'd probably get fined, if not arrested, if I was flying like this at a public place in my country. Laughing
Going to have to find some large open spaces to practice.

Think I buy a smaller quadcopter with cam also, for practising fpv flying inside and in the garden. Smile
I really don't want to make an accident with the large one, so I must practice on a smaller scale to get a good feeling for the controls.

Already getting pretty good with the nanoquadcopter, though I still crash a lot. Not much room inside for error ofcourse, but starting to get an idea of how the controls work.

FPV drone stuff - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:05 am

Erection inducing... rolf

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 2:59 pm

muckyman wrote:
Erection inducing... rolf
He is a pretty skilled flyer, going to take some time to get to his level, if ever. Also like that sound of the soaring wind, unfortunately you probably won't hear that when flying fpv. Think it is recorded with the extra onboard camera.
cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 9:18 pm

Ordertracker: Latest Update: Jan 31, 2016 00:20 In transit to Destination bounce

Dangerously fast  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 771880

/sr
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 11:53 am

Looks like your quad will arrive with charged up batteries ready to fly according
to this video..  FPV drone stuff - Page 2 139183

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 12:59 pm

That is one of the video's I watched which made me decide it was a good buy. Smile

Pretty sure when unpacking I won't be flying it after 15 minutes though. Most important thing before I start flying I must find out how to turn on the failsafe-mode, so when the connection to transmitter fails, my quadcopter does not fly away.

cool

BTW: Retarded idiot Dutch police training eagles to catch drones. Rolling Eyes

Fucking animal abuse, the blades from a racequad would probably chop those poor eagles claws to minced meat.
They should learn how to fly racequads themselves for catching drones, not teach birds how to do it.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/01/eagles-vs-drones/

FPV drone stuff - Page 2 Eaglesvsdrones

Stupid idea. Waste of money
/clasp
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am

That does seem a rather silly waste of tax payers money lol!

Plus I`m sure all these bird lovers will up in arms about it soon.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 12:17 pm

muckyman wrote:
That does seem a rather silly waste of tax payers money lol!

Plus I`m sure all these bird lovers will up in arms about it soon.
I agree, absolutely silly. This comes across as one of those dumb novelty ideas from someone higher up who saw a videoclip on youtube. As excuse they say they're expecting terrorist attacks making use of drones. In reality this is done as measure to implement stricter laws and be able to criminalize everyone flying a drone. Very convenient when they catch a drone from a notguilty person, they can always deny and blame it on the bird. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 pm

This is an interesting watch...given me some ideas for the future.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 4:31 pm

AndyRC is a really nice channel. Watching this also made me think it would be nice to try build my own micro fpv quad. Think with the help of youtubechannels like this, the building/soldering part is not too difficult. But not sure how it works out when setting up the software for the flightparameters on the flightcontroller. 

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 1:21 pm

After a few days of carefully exploring my new Eachine250 I am almost ready to go fly. Cool
I have checked the videoscreen and fpvcamera, powered up the quad to test if all motors work, installed the props and set up the failsafe on the transmitter.

Tiny problem is I only have 1 battery for flying at the moment, which gives me about 6-8 minutes airtime.
And the props that came with the Eachine are terrible in reviews, unstable and even read about someone who had them brake up midflight.

So yesterday I ordered 3 more batteries,  batterytester, extra battery straps, and better quality spare props. Smile
Even though it is all just tiny stuff, which I could have ordered close to home to get it fast, I still ordered it from China, because it is about 50% cheaper over there.

Back to top Go down
Bad^Moon^Baby
quake God
quake God
Bad^Moon^Baby

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 3:03 am

Hopefully you wont get the dodgy props mate, have many hours of happy flying & we expect videos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:44 pm

I bought these props as replacement: DAL 5045 5x4.5 Inch PC Fiberglass. They are cheap but supposed to be very strong, almost unbreakable. Smile Not going to spend a fortune on props yet. Wink 

For making vids I am considering to buy this camera. : http://www.banggood.com/EKEN-H9-WiFi-Sport-Action-Camera-DV-Car-DVR-Ultra-HD-4K-SPCA6350-HDMI-2-Inch-LCD-p-994488.html

Nice thing about this camera is that it has wifi and can send liveview to a smartphone. The idea is to also buy one of those cheap VRheadsets for smartphone, and use that combo for flying fpv. Don't know how the latency is, but will see. If it works I'll have very cheap selfmade highres fpv goggles costing about 75E, while real decent quality fpv goggles cost 250E or more.

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Quote :
For making vids I am considering to buy this camera. : http://www.banggood.com/EKEN-H9-WiFi-Sport-Action-Camera-DV-Car-DVR-Ultra-HD-4K-SPCA6350-HDMI-2-Inch-LCD-p-994488.html

Nice thing about this camera is that it has wifi and can send liveview to a smartphone. The idea is to also buy one of those cheap VRheadsets for smartphone, and use that combo for flying fpv. Don't know how the latency is, but will see. If it works I'll have very cheap selfmade highres fpv goggles costing about 75E, while real decent quality fpv goggles cost 250E or more.

In theory the idea is nice, but found out it's probably not going to work well with this camera. I discovered the wifi transmission range differs quite a lot between camera's. Unfortunately the cheapo cam I had my eyes on only has a wifirange of 10-20mtrs, that's not enough for me. Have to do a bit more searching.

Also a slight problem with buying a smartphoneVRheadset, they all come with built-in lenses I must take out before I can use the headset the way I'm planning. But not sure if removing those lenses is possible.

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: size copmarison    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:54 pm

couple of pics of my new quad against my old quad.
Can`t use new one indoors I guess lol!

FPV drone stuff - Page 2 One10
 FPV drone stuff - Page 2 Two10

2litre
quake God
quake God
2litre

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 pm

hgg /clasp
I see from naval infantry you switched to flying drones. Nice. BzZzZzzz
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:56 pm

muckyman wrote:
couple of pics of my new quad against my old quad.
Can`t use new one indoors I guess lol!

It is indeed huge like you said. With that CD for comparison I it looks bigger then my Eachine250, even without propguards.

Can't use it indoors alright, but you can still use the small one to practice steering.
Important not to crash out of range, cause you can't go get it yourself if it's too far.
Keep the large one for when the weather improves a bit, gives you something to look forward to.

FPV drone stuff - Page 2 33040
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 9:13 pm

I found a video on youtube that showed how much latency actioncams have, and I decided it was too much latency for flying a fpv racequad.

So I dropped my 'cheap headset' idea, and bought this:

http://www.banggood.com/5-Inch-Display-5_8G-32CH-Googles-DIY-FPV-Video-Glasses-For-Multicopter-p-1023732.html

Can't record with the onboard fpv camera, so I still need a actioncamera for recording the flight and enviroment, but at least I'll be able to fly real fpv.
The other video screen, the one that came with the quad, will be for safety in case I need to take the goggles off while flying.

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 12:10 pm

I changed the topictitle because it was a bit long and not relevant anymore.

Decided to cancel the preorder for the Banggood DIY FPV goggles, and get Fat Shark goggles instead.
They come prebuild and working, are much smaller and supposed to be compatible with the Eachine250 camera.
There are several 'cheap' models, not sure which one to get yet. Cheap is relative at around 200E.
Think I wait till my new propellors arrive and do some testflights first.

/sr
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 1:31 pm

I think it will be very difficult to fly with goggles but definitely much more immersive and fun when you get practised with them.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 9:33 pm

muckyman wrote:
I think it will be very difficult to fly with goggles but definitely much more immersive and fun when you get practised with them.

I'm very curious how it will be with the goggles.

Once in the early days of VR(about 20 years ago) I had the chance to try out one of the first VR glasses at some militairy convention. It had huge latency despite being run on a Silicon Graphics supercomputer. The latency caused a lot of difficulty adjusting my head/body movement to the VR world. I was sitting behind a desk when putting on the VR headset. I lost complete control of my body and almost fell off the chair. When I bent forward to look at the virtual floor I smashed the headset on the table. Laughing After a short while I managed to adjust to the virtual world and could play a simple demogame, but it was really weird at the first moment.

Think the flying itself will be easier once viewed from inside the drone. From outside it tends to get complicated after doing a few turns.
Need to figure out how to hear the onboard sound while flying, not sure if that's possible with the Eachine250. Would love to hear the motors and rushing wind, it really adds to the flying experience.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FPV drone stuff
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next