muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Andys quad build. I_vote_lcapAndys quad build. I_voting_barAndys quad build. I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Andys quad build. I_vote_lcapAndys quad build. I_voting_barAndys quad build. I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Andys quad build.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 11:41 am

Ok part #1 the frame.
Here the frame I just purchased,i didn`t look at any reviews for this,i just saw it on offer at 25 quid so bought it lol.

Quote :
OCDAY  3K MIni H250 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame Kit Chassis  for FPV Aerial Photography, which can pass some narrow situations, such as forest, aisle.
You can use this 1.5mm 3k carbon fiber drone frame kit to assembly 250 outrunner style quadcopter for First person review aerial photography. 

Quote :
Features:
1.5mm 3K carbon fiber sheet molding process, light weight and easy to assembly
PCB wireless circuit diagram, can weild ESC, power supply cable and other cables
100g frame kit, lighter and more stable than any other 250 frame kit     

Andys quad build. Frame311

Andys quad build. Frame10

has built in power distribution board (P D B) to make easier soldering of components.

Andys quad build. Frame410

Last edited by muckyman on Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Very nice frame, hope you can get to work. Lot of updates please, so I can learn too. Smile 

It looks pretty straight forward, but I'm sure it's not as easy as soldering those few components into place. Having looked into the process of building a quad, I figured most I can do myself or with tutorial. But because I have no electronics skills, it's not going to be easy. Most difficult is figuring out the electricity part and the formulas used to calculate for example which battery to use, or to make sure certain parts don't burn up from getting to much power.

This is one of those parts I dont understand completely. I know sort of what it does, but can't calculate which one I should use and why. Not even if they are nessessary when building my own quad, they seem important, so can't just leave them out.

(it's that little grey thing next to the yellow powerplug.)
Quote :
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorseal Andys quad build. Viewpost
Darn looks like I lost a capacitor too... Where can I get one of those? Gonna have to take the bottom foam out and re-glue I suppose.

Andys quad build. Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x720.

Andys quad build. 2016_01_13_20_40_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashMo Andys quad build. Viewpost
http://www.banggood.com/20PCS-470UF-...p-1022619.html
This should work if u have a v4 or higher.

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Don`t think that capacitor is needed on a basic quad build,i`ve not seen one on the tutorials I have watched so far.

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:20 pm

I would feel more comfortable knowing why they are there then, if others don't need or use them.

Maybe they act a bit like a restrictor, like a safety measure to prevent the ESC's from overheating and to keep the quad from going too fast.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 12:52 pm

CANNER wrote:
I would feel more comfortable knowing why they are there then, if others don't need or use them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/comments/2uy95x/the_capacitor_attached_to_my_esc_has_broken_on/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Quadcopter/comments/43zybb/is_this_capacitor_needed_on_my_esc/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=975333

At least I figured out why those capacitors are there. Also why they are not mentioned in tutorials.
Apparently most ESC's have the capacitor build on board, or attached directly. The Eachine250 has them installed seperately.

Andys quad build. 30a-esc-close_1Andys quad build. IMG_0174

Andys quad build. 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Ah cool.....that's that mystery sorted then thanks lol!

muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Next on the list is this radio transmitter / receiver... Andys quad build. 2179795567

Andys quad build. Tranis10

When it comes to possibilities the Frsky TARANIS sets a new standard. FrSky is well known for their frequency hopping ACCST technology, that takes advantage of the entire 2.4GHz band, resulting in excellent range and reliability, they now offer their first full transmitter system.

Frsky takes it one further with the Taranis Plus. How is the Plus different from the normal Taranis? The Plus retains everything the normal Taranis includes plus a higher quality, better contrast LCD display that is adjustable from blue to white, and haptic vibration feedback built in. This means you can be alerted silently or use the existing built in voice or alarm features. There is one item missing, the SWR check of the transmitter antenna is no longer available. You still get the great new sliders, the big low self discharge battery, and all of the other great things you have come to expect from FrSky

The TARANIS mixes the  power of the “OPEN TX” open-source software with an unbelievable ergonomic case with 8 programmable switches, two twist knobs and two easy to get to lateral 'slider' pots, and not to mention the ultra-smooth quad bearing gimbals.

The TARANIS utilizes Voice Alerts from an internal speaker, versus just an annoying beeper. For things like; audible Count down timers, low voltage warnings, landing gear down warnings etc., Just about anything can be programmed, you can even use your own voice. The SD card slot offers unlimited memory options and a USB port for upgrades even a headphone jack.

One of the best features of the TARANIS is its full telemetry capability, as well as RSSI signal strength feedback, there are 3 different programmable failsafe modes and receiver lock, so no more crashes due to selecting the wrong model. If you have stock in other brand receivers or B&F’s, no worries the TARANIS has a JR style RF module slot, so you have the option of other brand modules such as the Orange DSM2/DSMX or Open LRS 433mhz module, or pop in another Frsky module to expand the transmitters capabilities even more with dual RF.

When you put it all together, between FrSky ACCST technology and the power of “OPEN TX” software and community, an ergonomic case with ultra-smooth ball bearing gimbals, a large backlit LCD, New larger battery pack and X8R receiver. You have versatility and power at an unprecedented value.

Features:
• RSSI alarms (warns you of reception problems before it becomes an accident)
• 16 channels (more when combined with external module)
• 64 mixers, 9 flight modes
• 16 custom curves with 3-17 points each, 32 logic switches
• Self-test of the transmitter antenna
• 60 Model memory (expandable via a SD card)
• Audio Speech outputs
• USB and SD card slot for unlimited memory, and firmware upgrades, sound editing.
• Long range system capable of up to 3 times the range of current systems
• Quad bearing gimbals that are silky smooth
• State-of-the-art open source software (open TX)
• Super low latency for ultra-quick response (9ms)
• Large adjustable backlit blue to white LCD display
• Real-time data logging
• Receiver lock (program locked to aircraft)
• JR Style module bay for additional RF modules
• Processor: STM32 ARM Cortex M3 60MHz
• New 2000mah battery
• Included X8R receiver
• Haptic Vibration Feedback Command Feature

Specifications:
Model name: Taranis X9D
Number of Channels: up to 16
Operating Voltage Range:6-15v (2s, 3s Lipos are acceptable)
Operating Current: 260mA maximum (both RF module and backlit are on)
Operating Temperature: -10~60C
Backlit LCD Screen: 212*64 Monochrome
Model Memories: 60 (expandable by SD card)
Compatibility: FrSky X series, D series and V8-II series receivers
stick mode: Mode 2  (Left hand throttle)

16 channels may be a bit overkill but with the open source firmware makes it pretty much futureproof

and hey I may want to mount machinegun turrets on my drone in the future...who knows rolf

Tatarnis set p vids for later on Andys quad build. 139183

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 am

Man I want one, those sticks must handle real smooth. Just over 200E is pricey, but not too much, only I'm a bit low on cash atm. Sad Can afford a lipocharger and other small stuff, but then I need to start saving some money.
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 6:52 pm

After much debating and watching shit I decided to get the ArduPilot,it`s midrange price at £45.00 so not that drastic cost wise if I don`t like it or it`s not right for the way my build ends up going.

It has the GPS module on this version so plenty to mess around with. Andys quad build. 139183

APM2.8 ArduPilot Mega External Compass Flight Controller +Ublox NEO-6M GPS..

Andys quad build. Ardupi10

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Having done lot of research you should know better then me if it is a good choice. I'd probably go for one used in a tutorial, so I can see exactly what to do. 
GPS sure is a nice addition, if you can get it to work. Things like 'alt hold' and 'heading lock' make flying a lot easier, safer and more fun.

Andys quad build. 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:33 am

canner wrote:
I'd probably go for one used in a tutorial, so I can see exactly what to do. 
GPS sure is a nice addition, if you can get it to work

I went for it after watching this series of videos...

muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 12:44 pm

Andys quad build. 139183  Taranis arrived this morning...very high quality...aluminium case  (dunno why i said that,was half asleep i guess anyway it`s plastic but high quality) is sturdy but light and tons of switches lol!

Last edited by muckyman on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
2litre
quake God
quake God
2litre

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Andys quad build. 470381  this is the stuff,  Andys quad build. 139183 and i like it!
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 1:31 pm

muckyman wrote:
Andys quad build. 139183  Taranis arrived this morning...very high quality...aluminium case is sturdy but light and tons of switches lol!
Looks awesome Andys quad build. 139183  I'm now saving to get one myself Surprised When I'm going to build a miniquad, I certainly don't want to fly with the remote that came with the Eachine. It flies alright, but the controlsticks are not smooth. Specially the pitch/roll stick has a bit of a deadzone in the middle, which makes it almost impossible to make smooth moves.

muckyman wrote:
canner wrote:I'd probably go for one used in a tutorial, so I can see exactly what to do. 
GPS sure is a nice addition, if you can get it to work

I went for it after watching this series of videos...
I can see why you choose to get this one. Setup is clear and fairly easy, and those pins and cables save a lot of time. With the cheaper flightcontrollers you often have to do some soldering. Must get myself a one with pins also.

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 12:57 pm

If you can connect the Taranis to the pc you could try it out with a simulator. Also good for learning how to fly.
There's 'FPV Freerider' which is a small game just for practicing(free as torrent), and on Steam there is a game called 'Lift Off'.
Lift Off has lots of options, you can assemble your quad from virtual parts and fly in several enviroments, it's bigger then FPV Freerider, but still a beta-game.
Must add that the simulator is completely different from the real thing. Wind and rotorwash make flying lot more difficult then in the game.
But it's a good way to get a feel for the transmitter, and how to operate the sticks to make certain moves and tricks.

torrent: http://www.torrenthound.com/hash/4f771d333cd5edc47965152988c3e224ed930520/torrent-info/FPV-Freerider-Quadcopter-simulator

Andys quad build. 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Heh ! painless has a tutorial on it how cool lol!

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Nice, the Taranis has a miniUSB port on the back.  Smile  My Eachine transmitter has an old PS2 port, but I don't have the right cable to hook it up to the pc. Hope you can get it to work, must be fun playing FPVFreerider with a real rc transmitter.

Andys quad build. 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Frame arrived this morning...yay Andys quad build. 432755

here is the exact model on youtube.

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:52 pm

It's a nice model, but the arms look a bit thin. How much mm?

A lot of quads have such thin arms. Suspect Maybe I'd consider glueing a strip of hard plastic across the middle of each arm to try make it a bit more crash resistent.

btw Decided to also buy a Taranis transmitter. Even my HubsanQ4 minitransmitter flies better then the one that came with the Eachine. Some quad stores here in Holland only offer the Taranis in their inventory, probably because it is the best choice. It has the most information on the internet for setting it up and other stuff. And I want to see those cool receiver antennas on my miniquad. Smile
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 11:22 am

canner wrote:

They are 3mm. Andys quad build. 590662

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 1:18 pm

muckyman wrote:
canner wrote:

They are 3mm. Andys quad build. 590662
Looks thinner in the video. Was expecting 2mm, 3 is good enough.
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 7:59 pm

More shit arrived today...woohoo !!!

Andys quad build. 139183

muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:05 pm

And this one before you ask...

CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2016 8:20 pm

Good stuff, looks like you got everything complete to start building the quad. Andys quad build. 139183

That screen is nice, can you also record with it? maybe with a memorycard, or link to the laptop?

Are you getting fpv goggles when the quad is ready? 

Andys quad build. 33040
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 10:44 am

canner wrote:
That screen is nice, can you also record with it? maybe with a memorycard, or link to the laptop?

Only with a separate DVR or laptop,i kinda messed up actually...I bought it as a full kit with cam and receiver and antennae but it`s for a groundstation rather than a monitor you carry on your radio control.

So will have to buy another monitor for that Andys quad build. 984587

Sponsored content

Andys quad build. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andys quad build.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next