muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:17 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_vote_lcapAldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_voting_barAldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_vote_lcapAldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_voting_barAldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
muckyman
Admin
Admin

Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? Empty
PostSubject: Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly?   Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 11:54 am

Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? 139183

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly?   Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:29 pm

I doubt I would get a usable print out of that thing without turning it into a big learning project. Smile

The way he build and set it up you can tell he's done it before. So I guess compared to other 3D printers this is 'beginner friendly'.

If I had 500 Bucks to spend I might think about it, quality looks good. Would be nice to be able to print my own quad parts. Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? 139183
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly?   Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 12:39 pm

That is defo not user friendly...

1: Construction:
Relatively easy I guess, but more user friendly printers do come fully built with no assembly required.

2: Levelling the bed:
It's exactly the same as I have to do, but you only work out what to do and why you do it from experience.
Your making the bed perfectly parallel to the print head as it moves around the bed so the first layer will stick to the bed and each subsequent layer sticks to the previous one.
I'd say if your mechanically minded you'll work this out and get used to it, but it is far from user friendly.
A user friendly version would let you turn it on and it would automatically level the bed for you.
There is a system that works out how far out the bed is from level by testing the height using a grid of points. The software then uses these heights to work out how the bed plane is tilted. It doesn't alter the bed height, it just takes into account that tilted plane when moving over it enabling it to keep the same 0.02mm distance at any point above it that's required for a level print.
So, point 2, levelling bed, not user friendly.

3: loading filament:

It does something very odd when trying to load new filament moving to the top and hitting the upper gantry, this is baaaaad, for this alone I wouldn't even consider it.
He notes it doesn't tell you to cut the filament at an angle so it will pass through the start of the guide tube. Nope this to is defo not user friendly at all, let alone it issues with not knowing when the top is.

I don't even think I need to go on to be honest, I wouldn't touch this with a barge pole. The construction too is a little weak made of thin sheet steel or ally possibly, this would result in less than desirable accuracy during printing although his first result doesn't look terrible. And the price I'd say is a little high for some so small and basic, $500, if it were $200 then maybe.

Mine does all this, isn't user friendly, but it's sturdy and accurate.

If you want help on a user friendly printer I'd be happy to point you in the right direction, but I know this will cost much more.

Avoid basically, there are better options that do all this and more.

There will be a learning curve even if you get the most user friendly printer, but I'm sure you can handle it mate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly?   Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aldi 3D printer: It is beginner friendly?
Page 1 of 1