muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2024 2:12 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_vote_lcapChina Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_voting_barChina Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_vote_lcapChina Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_voting_barChina Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  Empty
PostSubject: China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously    China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously  I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Officials in the southwestern Chinese city of Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province, have unveiled a science fiction-like plan to launch what’s known as an illumination satellite, or “artificial moon,” in two years.
Local newspapers reported that the illumination satellite would be designed to complement the moon at night, with its own brightness eight times that of the earth’s natural satellite, and “bright enough to replace street lights in the city.”
The satellite would be able to light an area with a diameter of 10 to 80 kilometers, while the precise illumination range can be controlled within a few dozen meters, according to the People’s Daily, which quoted a developer with the Chengdu Aerospace Science and Technology Microelectronics System Research Institute as saying.
The paper added that testing the illumination satellite started years ago and all the technology and design had been finalized.
The man-made moon has a highly reflective coating to reflect light from the sun with solar panel-like wings whose angles can be adjusted to realize “precise lighting.” The 14,300-square-meter city of Chengdu would be the primal focus of the light from the man-made moon, and astronomers throughout China and overseas should be able to spot the glowing star at night.
But no further specifications of the spacecraft, or its launch date, were available.
Chengdu officials expect the city to reel in more tourists when the artificial moon is up and shining.
doh

Curious how it's going to look when finished.
Will it look like the Starwars Deathstar?
Would they put some advertisements on it?
Or are they going to make a giant smiley face. Smile
Maybe make it play a video or animation.
This is bad I hope they fail.
cool
Back to top Go down

China Launching Artificial Moon Into Space to Replace Street Lights, Seriously
Page 1 of 1