muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:17 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_vote_lcapSustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_voting_barSustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_vote_lcapSustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_voting_barSustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! Empty
PostSubject: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 2:51 pm

Last couple of months I've been seeing increasingly glowing clouds and red purple glow in the sky over the Netherlands.
It's not like the normal auroras that rarely show up for a brief moment.
This lasts the entire night, not every night, but more like every other night or so.
At first it was barely visible, but over the weeks it has become brighter and more obvious.
It comes in waves and you can see it pulsing red purple very slowly. 
I've never seen this before, it is making me a little anxious, this is not normal.

Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 1157056245

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 10:36 pm

Last night it was so bright it even gave the ground environment a red purple hue.
And today it is also visible, though not as bright, but that may change later in the night.
If this doesn't go away soon, it may become permanent or get worse over the next few weeks.

Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2024 4:01 pm

I am stuck between thinking if I am looking at greenhouse purple growlight shine, or something more serious. scratch 
Kinda hoping it is just greenhouse light, because the other option is not good.
Problem is that this is the first year I see this purple glow, and it is all around the horizon and above, not just from 1 or 2 spots.
Did all farmers in the area switch to purple grow lights at the same time?
Also there aren't that many large greenhouses in the enviroment here, just a couple small ones.
Been trying to take pictures, but it´s difficult to photograph the purple color like I am seeing it.
Although greenhouse lights would be the most rational, I am not convinced.

All this started december last year after there were a couple of strong solarflares, and an X5 early January.
At around the same time there was a big change in the Schumann resonance.
And also the magnetic northpole started accelerating 3x faster than normal.
This is when I first started seeing a slight glow in the clouds, which turned into the red purple it is now.
It was less for a couple of days but became brighter again during the last solarstorm.

//omgm Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 139183

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2024 3:00 pm

Last night the red purple color was almost gone, but not completely. Also no purple glow on the horizon, like before.
Instead, on one side of the house at 3AM the sky looked so bright it was as if morning had started early, but there was no light from the Moon.

I'm a bit confused about the greenhouse idea, shouldn't that light be more permanent or regular?
If this light is from greenhouses it's like they're randomly dimming the lights on and off.

The thermometer in the garden was at just above 0 degrees last night, but it didn't feel cold at all.
Or maybe it was because I had a couple of beers Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 3:06 pm

Last night the bright red purple sky was back again. Surprised lol! Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 2837414639
On one side of the house the clouds were glowing a bright pink purple, it was so bright that the light was casting shadow. Shocked  scratch
On the other side it was more a deep red purple, not just the sky above the house, but also at the horizon.
It slowly started to gain brightness at around 1am, and lasted for 2-3 hours, then it became less bright again.

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 10:04 pm

Again red purple glow in the clouds, this time all around the house.
Wish I could make some pictures, but it just looks as if the shutterspeed is wrong or the whitebalance is off.
This shit is starting to freak me out a little... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 2:38 pm

Although last night the purple glow was pretty strong all around the house at the time I wrote previous message,
it only lasted for an hour and then started to fade out over the night till it was almost gone at morning.
Now waiting for the next big solarstorm to hit Earth and see if it flares up again, which should be tommorow.

Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 382659
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2024 10:13 pm

Last night almost no color or glow in the clouds for the entire night, just the normal lightpollution.
But, as suspected because of the solarstorm/cme impact, this evening the entire sky is a dark neon purple blacklight type of color.
Not as red purple as before, but definitely seeing color again.
//omgm
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm

Yup, it became brighter again, eventually even casting a pinkish color onto the enviroment.
Tried taking pics again, but it just looks weird on photo, can't get the color to show up correctly.
I have to manually add the color in postprocessing, might as well take a normal picture and make it purple.
Pretty annoying I can't record it, even though it is clearly visible to the eye, not so faint that it barely shows.
I just keep trying different settings, so far no succes. scratch
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 3:03 pm

Unless I get some pictures or something significant happens, I'll just stop writing about it.
Seems like this could go on for a while, no use to keep writing about it every day.
Even though I'm still trying to come up with a mundane explanation, I really don't know.
As it is not consistent, can't say definitely greenhouses, industrial lighting, streetlights, etc.
Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! 139183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!   Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sustained red purple aurora and glowing clouds at night!
Page 1 of 1