muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Unitree Introducing | Unitree G1 Humanoid Agent | AI Avatar | Price from $16K
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 pm by CANNER

» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:25 pm by CANNER

» 1st Neuralink Patient’s Staggering Update
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 1:55 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_vote_lcapA Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_voting_barA Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_vote_lcapA Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_voting_barA Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 Empty
PostSubject: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Found this originally on GLP. Below the quote are the translated and original article:

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2932316/pg1 :

Quote :

All text typed on the keyboard is stored in temporary files, and sent (once per 30 mins) to:

oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
pre.footprintpredict.com
reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft.com

Telemetry is sent once per 5 minutes, to:

vortex.data.microsoft.com
vortex-win.data.microsoft.com
telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com
telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
oca.telemetry.microsoft.com
sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com
sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

typing the name of any popular movie into your local file search starts a telemetry process that indexes all media files on your computer and transmits them to:

df.telemetry.microsoft.com
cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net
vortex-sandbox.data.microsoft.com
pre.footprintpredict.com

When a webcam is first enabled, ~35mb of data gets immediately transmitted to:

i1.services.social.microsoft.com
i1.services.social.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

Everything that is said into an enabled microphone is immediately transmitted to:

pre.footprintpredict.com
i1.services.social.microsoft.com
i1.services.social.microsoft.com.nsatc.net
telemetry.appex.bing.net
telemetry.urs.microsoft.com
cs1.wpc.v0cdn.net
statsfe1.ws.microsoft.com

If this weren't bad enough, this behaviour still occurs after Cortana is fully disabled/uninstalled. It's speculated that the purpose of this function to build up a massive voice database, then tie those voices to identities, and eventually be able to identify anyone simply by picking up their voice, whether it be a microphone in a public place or a wiretap on a payphone.

Interestingly, if Cortana is enabled, the voice is first transcribed to text, then the transcription is sent to:

pre.footprintpredict.com
df.telemetry.microsoft.com

While the inital reflex may be to block all of the above servers via HOSTS, it turns out this won't work: Microsoft has taken the care to hardcode certain IPs, meaning that there is no DNS lookup and no HOSTS consultation. However, if the above servers are blocked via HOSTS, Windows will pretend to be crippled by continuously throwing errors, while still maintaining data collection in the background. Other than an increase in errors, HOSTS blocking did not affect the volume, frequency, or rate of data being transmitted.

http://localghost.org/posts/a-traffic-analysis-of-windows-10

http://aeronet.cz/news/analyza-windows-10-ve-svem-principu-jde-o-pouhy-terminal-na-sber-informaci-o-uzivateli-jeho-prstech-ocich-a-hlasu/

//omgm
Back to top Go down
nephie_cc
quake God
quake God
nephie_cc

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 7:52 am

APPLE doing this since years and no one cries ...
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 10:56 am

nephie_cc wrote:
APPLE doing this since years and no one cries ...
Yes thats true. And even before that there was ECHELON.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

Last edited by CANNER on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nephie_cc
quake God
quake God
nephie_cc

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 12:09 pm

REALLY CANNER LOL

if you would have changed the ''nl'' in the url to ''en'' ... you lazy dutchman Smile
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 1:45 pm

nephie_cc wrote:
REALLY CANNER LOL

if you would have changed the ''nl'' in the url to ''en'' ... you lazy dutchman Smile
oh yes ofcourse, didn't even notice A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 984587

If that dutch bothers you, you can always select another language on the leftside.

Have changed it specially for you so you don't have to move your mouse al the way left and search for the correct language.

cool
Back to top Go down
Sinsinety
quake God
quake God
Sinsinety

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 10:52 am

rofl...i love how CANNER explain how to change lang.on wiki website
Back to top Go down
NuclearDiarrhea
quake God
quake God
NuclearDiarrhea

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 1:26 pm

How do we know that none of this is already happening?
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/danschreib
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 7:58 pm

NuclearDiarrhea wrote:
How do we know that none of this is already happening?
It is already happening, but windows10 is taking it to a new level. Instantly feeding your personal crap and profile to a global AI cloud system. It creates like a 24/7 facebook type personal log of your time behind the pc, phone or tablet. Can you imagine this shit on a chip-implant? And beside that, Local authorities/police, insurance companies, etc, could get free acces to the AI cloud to find whatever they need to know about you. They are already doing this with most large social media sites.

A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 139183
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10   A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Traffic Analysis of Windows 10
Page 1 of 1