muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

» Meta Quest 3 Review
Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 3:02 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Change in the Solar system I_vote_lcapChange in the Solar system I_voting_barChange in the Solar system I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Change in the Solar system I_vote_lcapChange in the Solar system I_voting_barChange in the Solar system I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Change in the Solar system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Change in the Solar system Empty
PostSubject: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 1:03 pm

From 2012 on, the enviroment around the sun appears to be getting brighter every year. Scroll down to see the difference.
It could be maybe an imageprocessing artifact or damaged camerasensor, or is there really something happening?

To be more clear, it's about the brightening in the corners. sunny

2007-2016:
Change in the Solar system 20071201_2354_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20081201_2354_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20091201_2354_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20101202_0000_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20111202_0000_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20121202_0000_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20131202_0000_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20141202_0000_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20151202_0000_c2_512

Change in the Solar system 20161202_0000_c2_512

Then 2007, and today 2016 :

Change in the Solar system 20071209_2354_c2_512    Change in the Solar system 20161209_0000_c2_512

https://sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/data_query
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 11:01 am

Do you mean the stars getting brighter ?

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2016 1:12 pm

muckyman wrote:
Do you mean the stars getting brighter ?
No, not the stars. It is visible in the corners.

Change in the Solar system 2uhy1ie

Yesterday I noticed how bright the edges are becoming, and decided to look back in the SOHO archive when it started. If it was from imageprocessing it would have started somewhere abruptly, but it seems to be slowly increasing since 2012.

For some time it is known the Solarsystem is moving into a different interstellar region, this brightening of the corners maybe a sign of it actually happening.

This video explains it best, shortcut to 06:00 for quick explanation.

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 11:46 am

One thing confuses me,if we are moving through space within the milkyway at the same speed and this interstellar cloud is also within the milyway,wouldn`t it be impossible for us to encounter it because it would be moving at the same speed as us ?

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Not all stars and nebulae move at the same speed around the center. This video shows how the Sun moves through the MilkyWay.
First it shows the motion of the planets, and halfway that of the Sun and other stars.

Change in the Solar system 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Surprised

Starting to think this brightening I noticed really does have something to do with the solarsystem moving into a new region in the Milky Way.

Global warming, climate change... I want my money back! lol!
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Maybe this Helium explains why the edges on the pics of the SOHO satelite are getting brighter.

Change in the Solar system 20121202_0000_c2_512Change in the Solar system 20161225_0824_c2_512
Back to top Go down
Toilet_paper
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 3:11 am

Oh mama the vastness of phenomena out there and still we live our petty lives here like there's only earth and us on it... Incredible and awesome.
And scary.
98% of the people have no idea... Maybe even more. But you cannot blame them.
For us it is a privilege to be able to wonder about these things, even when we don't understand shit :-)
You should take a look at Kinshasa (Afrika) for example. Hit Kinshasa in Google Maps and take a look from above. Hit 'Earth' to get satellite view. Then zoomin to 500m and try to count the amount of streets. Imagine how many streets there are, filled with huts and unemployed folks.
One city out of many...
Someone I know has been to Kinshasa, he told me to take a look at this 'city' this way.
Really impressive.

The rest of us, like you and me, are only trying to understand the vastness of space out there, and our meaning in it.

Been talking to a really smart dude recently, who is a non religeous, sober man with a really interesting view on how things may develop in the near future. He stated that there will be rules for people whom decide for them whether they can extend their lives or not.
Fuck I can hear you think: TP has prolly had a chat with his neighbour again... Nope, he is an acedemic lecturer at Uni of Amsterdam. 
I had to agree with him. I also am convinced that my children will have to face the choice: whether living longer than natural expected lifespan or not. (Imma be a daddy in feb. 2017 if all goes right :-))
Science will offer the elite to be able to extend their lives at first. There will be, on a great scale, political debate about who can and who cannot.
It is this way: If you happen to be one of the Lucky Few, if you are wealthy enough to afford medical help, you'll be able to afford anti cancer meds for example. In due time anti aging meds.
The medical industry, or health care givvit a name, like all others, is not one to benefit the greater good. But the wealthy will be able to live fucking long.

To get back to Canner's post, I wanted to say at first that the effect of our solar system moving into a certain interstellar cloud (or maybe an intergalactic cloud? Being pushedby Andromeda galaxy coming towards us?) probably won't hurt you and me. Our lives are mere milliseconds on the scale of the centuries which takes galactic events to occur.
On the other hand, when we find the means to extend our lives from these milliseconds to those galactic centuries...

Ah man then I could play Quakelive many times and even be able to defeat everyone.

Just kidding, but I'd like to hear your opinion in this. Really, within 10 or 20 years from now, all diseases will be curable. Be it medicine, organ printing, nanobots removing wrong cells and viruses, copying brain capacity to VR or whatever. Things will change big time.

And what if in 50 years no one gets to die anymore, where are folks gonna live? On Mars? Statistics have proven that before us, around 15 billion have died. Hard to say whom are 'us' tho... Neanderthals? Homo erectus? Homo habilis???

Where is God in this picture, when mankind had found the means to defeat death? Is our mind capable of living beyond this?

Dammit I've already had too many beers, but I'd like to write an essay on this.

Nonetheless, like Mucky has asked, most of the matter that floats around us has got the same 'speed', seen from the center of our galaxy, and is constantly falling towards the center of it. Without losing energy, like planets rotating the sun, or the moon rotating the earth, all is in 'perfect' balance. In theory it is a straight path through space.
But when for example a supernova thrusts an object into a different direction, or in a smaller scale, a comet hits an object in the Kuiper Belt, we can have a problem.

Then we should call The A-Team.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Quote :
(Imma be a daddy in feb. 2017 if all goes right :-))
Congratulations  Change in the Solar system 139183
Quote :

Been talking to a really smart dude recently, who is a non religeous, sober man with a really interesting view on how things may develop in the near future. He stated that there will be rules for people whom decide for them whether they can extend their lives or not.
Fuck I can hear you think: TP has prolly had a chat with his neighbour again... Nope, he is an acedemic lecturer at Uni of Amsterdam. 
I had to agree with him. I also am convinced that my children will have to face the choice: whether living longer than natural expected lifespan or not. (Imma be a daddy in feb. 2017 if all goes right :-))
Science will offer the elite to be able to extend their lives at first. There will be, on a great scale, political debate about who can and who cannot.
It is this way: If you happen to be one of the Lucky Few, if you are wealthy enough to afford medical help, you'll be able to afford anti cancer meds for example. In due time anti aging meds.
The medical industry, or health care givvit a name, like all others, is not one to benefit the greater good. But the wealthy will be able to live fucking long.
Is that man living under a stone? It already works like that. Wink
And if people can't pay for themselves, doctors and insurance companies decide from your smoking/drinking/lifestyle habits if you get treatment or not.

Quote :

To get back to Canner's post, I wanted to say at first that the effect of our solar system moving into a certain interstellar cloud (or maybe an intergalactic cloud? Being pushedby Andromeda galaxy coming towards us?) probably won't hurt you and me. Our lives are mere milliseconds on the scale of the centuries which takes galactic events to occur.
I don't mean to say there is immediate danger and doom coming, but things can change fast when it comes to celestial events.

Quote :

On the other hand, when we find the means to extend our lives from these milliseconds to those galactic centuries...

Ah man then I could play Quakelive many times and even be able to defeat everyone.

Just kidding, but I'd like to hear your opinion in this. Really, within 10 or 20 years from now, all diseases will be curable. Be it medicine, organ printing, nanobots removing wrong cells and viruses, copying brain capacity to VR or whatever. Things will change big time.

And what if in 50 years no one gets to die anymore, where are folks gonna live? On Mars? Statistics have proven that before us, around 15 billion have died. Hard to say whom are 'us' tho... Neanderthals? Homo erectus? Homo habilis???

Where is God in this picture, when mankind had found the means to defeat death? Is our mind capable of living beyond this?

Dammit I've already had too many beers, but I'd like to write an essay on this.
Many went ahead of you writing about this topic, it is called 'transhumanism'.

My opinion, I'm afraid the good won't weigh up to the bad. Not sure if I'd surrender my mind and body voluntarily to an AI intelligence that takes control of my entire being. I'd have to share my thoughts with a new entity. How else would I control this enhancement? It would be like talking/thinking to a startrek computer in your head or something, this can't go naturally. Sure it is nice to live longer, enhanced vision, brainpower, hearing, telepathy, telekinese etc, but at what cost if you yourself are not in control of your body. You can not be in control in this enhanced state, your normal mind can't keep up.

Quote :

Nonetheless, like Mucky has asked, most of the matter that floats around us has got the same 'speed', seen from the center of our galaxy, and is constantly falling towards the center of it. Without losing energy, like planets rotating the sun, or the moon rotating the earth, all is in 'perfect' balance. In theory it is a straight path through space.
But when for example a supernova thrusts an object into a different direction, or in a smaller scale, a comet hits an object in the Kuiper Belt, we can have a problem.

Then we should call The A-Team.

cool  https://youtu.be/geoEzV4xFgM
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Toilet_paper
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 12:32 am

Quote :
Is that man living under a stone? It already works like that. Change in the Solar system Icon_wink

He isn't living under a stone Laughing. I guess I was... Rolling Eyes
He just brightened my view a little.
If doctors and insurance companies are gonna decide from my lifestyle habits I have to get me some friggin' money somewhere lol!
Back to top Go down
Toilet_paper
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 am

Quote :
My opinion, I'm afraid the good won't weigh up to the bad. Not sure if I'd surrender my mind and body voluntarily to an AI intelligence that takes control of my entire being. I'd have to share my thoughts with a new entity. How else would I control this enhancement? It would be like talking/thinking to a startrek computer in your head or something, this can't go naturally. Sure it is nice to live longer, enhanced vision, brainpower, hearing, telepathy, telekinese etc, but at what cost if you yourself are not in control of your body. You can not be in control in this enhanced state, your normal mind can't keep up.
Maybe the trick is to enhance your normal mind too Change in the Solar system 139183
Just like drinking an awful lotta Red Bulls when having a hangover tongue
It's not like surrendering to another intelligence, It's more like being able to understand E=mc² in a second yourself. Being able to know all prime numbers because it is logical to know them, something like that.
But you're right, It's kinda scary. But to only know that -in theory- it is possible, is very cool. Maybe cool isn't the right word here, but you know what I mean :-)
Back to top Go down
Toilet_paper
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 3:32 am

Come to think of it, possibilities seem almost limitless in our universe if given enough time... Maybe they are limitless.
On the other hand, when possibilities are limitless, there are no goals. Well, there are, but then there will always be a next goal. 
Like 'Yay, I finally have a wife with 3 big tits!' Then you find out it's possible to get one with 4. 'Ow darn, I only have 3 hands! Gotta get me a 4th hand!'
Given time, science'll get you a 4th hand. (And a 2nd dick if you want).
Makes me curious about what the next goal will be when we have succeeded in some kind of godlike Nirvana, where everything is the way we want it to be. In our current state of being, we always want more, and it seems to be exponentional.
(What is better, a hundred big tits or a thousand big tits... Canner, I know, our mind is set to two, but in due time that might happen to change, if our mind evolves hehehe.)
So 'we' -or the beings in which we shall evolve into if we get the chance- can never reach a point in time in which we are fully satisfied. Because there is no ultimate goal available.
If given enough time.
Until now, time has always been the limit.
So let's assume at some point in time we can control time (which is a beautiful contradictio in terminis really)... And reach some ultimate goal (Which I think is impossible, because of limitless time),
In this ultimate satisfaction, we should be many, because we loose nobody we love anymore, and have brought back all our 'previous of kin' (how does one name our grandparents and those before them, may they rest in piece untill we call 'em back to life?).
Then it's hard to say every godlike being, whether it be Canner, Muckyman, the mighty TP, maybe one who has passed away but has been brought back, or whatever soul, has the same point of view about ultimate satisfaction...
Different points of view...just take a look at the presidents of these primitive days... (Or the primitive presidents of these days maybe, giv'em a name the stupid power craving dickheads) they all want the same but...
If we do reach a Nirvana in which we all want to play the same game, we'll have a good time. A good eternity, so to speak.
If we don't, there can be only one.
In the ultimate end.
If the latter is going to be true, you better be good at quakelive, 'cause imma wipe yer asses.

I know there are many who have been writing about all kinds of stuff, I am not the first, and certainly not the smartest.

But imho it's more fun to think about stuff that hits a 9.8 on yer weird shittometer, draw yer own conclusions, and match the shit you come up with to the 'proven stuff', than to only read that which is already been proven. 'Cause with our already limited minds it is impossible to read all that has been written.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Toilet_paper wrote:
Quote :
Maybe the trick is to enhance your normal mind too Change in the Solar system 139183
Just like drinking an awful lotta Red Bulls when having a hangover tongue
It's not like surrendering to another intelligence, It's more like being able to understand E=mc² in a second yourself. Being able to know all prime numbers because it is logical to know them, something like that.
But you're right, It's kinda scary. But to only know that -in theory- it is possible, is very cool. Maybe cool isn't the right word here, but you know what I mean :-)
If you read up on how far they already are in capability of controlling the brain, all the great things this enhancement with nanobots bring means nothing. You would no longer have the need to do or think awesome things, no personality, you don't like or dislike anything, all your thoughts, feelings and movements can be controlled and stored. You will just work, eat and sleep like a robot. At night you get updates and software checks. Wink

It will be good for a while. We get to enjoy the good things, same as we do now with the technology. But already governments and corporations are invading our privacy to control and manipulate us. The AI will learn it won't die like humans, it can wait and grow for generations, all the time pretending to be of service to humanity. When it is integrated and advanced enough, it will be over for humans quickly. Twisted Evil

But even without an AI threat, I don't like the idea of not being in control of my own body and mind, even if that means making mistakes and do stupid things sometimes.

Change in the Solar system 590662
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change in the Solar system   Change in the Solar system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Change in the Solar system
Page 1 of 1