muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Unitree Introducing | Unitree G1 Humanoid Agent | AI Avatar | Price from $16K
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 pm by CANNER

» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:25 pm by CANNER

» 1st Neuralink Patient’s Staggering Update
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 1:55 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFlame quad build - Page 2 I_voting_barFlame quad build - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Flame quad build - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFlame quad build - Page 2 I_voting_barFlame quad build - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Flame quad build

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Flame quad build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

practice vids:

cool
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Ace, great fun, your getting almost 6 minute flights there too!!!

BTW Canner, which FPV Goggs do you have, and are they any good?
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Thanks, and yes the quad is so light, plus the motors consume little power, I get about 5 and a half minute out of a 1300mah battery. Surprised

I got a secondhand Fatshark Attitude V2, quite old and discontinued, but still working pretty good for me. Would like some new ones though, but no money atm. I recommend getting something like Skyzone SKY01S or Aomway Commander, or if you got money to spend Fatsharks with receiver of choice.
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 8:51 am

Just wondering,as you fly in that area quite a lot,do you map out a course
in your mind and tend to follow that as much as possible or do you just
generally fly about randomly ?

That place does seem perfect for quad flying with all the big gaps between the
trees,would be fun racing with a friend.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 11:35 am

muckyman wrote:
Just wondering,as you fly in that area quite a lot,do you map out a course
in your mind and tend to follow that as much as possible or do you just
generally fly about randomly ?

That place does seem perfect for quad flying with all the big gaps between the
trees,would be fun racing with a friend.
I always fly random. Cool I like trying all kind of tricks and moves, instead of following a track as fast as possible. I do try to stay clear from paths and entrances as much as I can, cause you never know if a person suddenly shows up, hikers, bicycles and dogwalkers, sometimes even a person on a horse. Certainly don't want to cause an accident, not even scare a person preferably, keeping it safe and fun. Smile
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

CANNER wrote:
Thanks, and yes the quad is so light, plus the motors consume little power, I get about 5 and a half minute out of a 1300mah battery. Surprised

Ace, keep my eye on those motors, that's good going off a 1300, can't get any yet, saving for Goggles... Wink

Quote :

I got a secondhand Fatshark Attitude V2, quite old and discontinued, but still working pretty good for me. Would like some new ones though, but no money atm. I recommend getting something like Skyzone SKY01S or Aomway Commander, or if you got money to spend Fatsharks with receiver of choice.

N1 thanks, I like the cheap boxy things, but I can't help thinking they're just a bit too big. Although I know they're not heavy, and in most cases better spec and quality. I just like the idea of a compact, carry-able goggle set, so N1 Canner, I'll be doing some research right now...
Flame quad build - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 8:38 pm

PapaLazarou wrote:
CANNER wrote:

Ace, keep my eye on those motors, that's good going off a 1300, can't get any yet, saving for Goggles... Wink
Today I found out when flying very hard it turns into 4 and a half minute, still quite long for a 5" quad on 1300mah. On average 20-25 pct power left in the battery, so I could squeeze out another minute extra, but it's better for the battery to not drain it too much.

Will post some new vids tomorrow. I recorded my quad like you did, camera in the grass, so you can see how it flies.
Always wondered how it looks, normally I can only see the FPV feed through my goggles, I was quite surprised by the speed.

Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 pm

That is good battery time mate...

Ace, look forward to the vids...
...I wanted to mount my on my head, somehow, you can probably buy something to mount GoPro session style things....
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 2:38 pm

The quad is a bit hard to see sometimes, I tried adding contrast and sharpness, but youtube compression screwed up the details a little.
Still can get an idea of how it looks and how fast it moves.

Best watch full screen.

Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Superb...

Really appreciate the speed now seeing in from single POV. Watching FPV footage doesn't give the full impression of the actual speed at all, I'm sure when your flying and seeing it first hand it does though.
Great way to present it too, the lower res FPV works perfectly in the corner, top stuff.

And it's fast man, hehe, great little build that, and you've certainly got the hang of it now mate, nice flying...
Those luminous Orange/Red props are very visible too, I know it's hard to see sometimes but I can clearly tell how well they show up...
Some competition there from the Dragon Flies too....  Very Happy

N1.

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 am

PapaLazarou wrote:
Superb...

Really appreciate the speed now seeing in from single POV. Watching FPV footage doesn't give the full impression of the actual speed at all, I'm sure when your flying and seeing it first hand it does though.
Great way to present it too, the lower res FPV works perfectly in the corner, top stuff.
Thanks Smile And yes it does look faster when flying it, despite the FPV video looks slower.
Think that's because you have to steer and react too, this makes it all more complicated and appear faster.

Had to sync the 2 vids or they wouldn't line up properly. The large video runs original speed, but the small one at 104%.
The difference is caused by the latency in the 5.8G DVR screen that records the FPV signal. Had to speed it up quite a bit.

Quote :

And it's fast man, hehe, great little build that, and you've certainly got the hang of it now mate, nice flying...
Those luminous Orange/Red props are very visible too, I know it's hard to see sometimes but I can clearly tell how well they show up...
Some competition there from the Dragon Flies too....  Very Happy

N1.

cool

Dragon Flies don't bother me luckily, ticks and horseflies are more a problem.

This light quad is now my favorite, it flies awesome.  Smile  

Going to rebuild the KISS quad to make it lighter, and maybe I will flash it with Betaflight. Flame quad build - Page 2 590662
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Bit dark this video, but you can see the quad a lot better then the previous videos because of the not so bright background.

Back to top Go down
cujoway
quake God
quake God
cujoway

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 1:02 pm

omfg thats amazing
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Proper speedy little thing, great fliying as always mate...
Canner - defying gravity since 2016...
cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flame quad build   Flame quad build - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flame quad build
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2