muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 1:51 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

» CERN Fires Up During The Eclipse On April 8th
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 pm by CANNER

» G4 Geomagentic Storm In Progress March 24th 2024!
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2024 10:08 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_vote_lcapSKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_voting_barSKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_vote_lcapSKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_voting_barSKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE Empty
PostSubject: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Very impressive.  Surprised   At $2500 impressive price too: https://shop.skydio.com/  Shocked

Watching this with double feelings though, technology wise it's very interesting and a nice camera, but as a weapon this thing would be terrifying. pale

Look at the second video to see how well it stays on target and follow the guy. Pretty amazing. SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE 139183

cool

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 10:00 am

Looks very nice but I don`t see anything much better than the Mavic.
I would like to see them in a side by side tracking test.
Also at nearly twice the price of a Mavic I don`t see it stealing the
market just yet.

Ooops did forget to add,this is autonomous whereas the mavic has to be told the distance to follow,when to zoom,when to orbit and things like that.

Last edited by muckyman on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : auto stuff)
Back to top Go down
https://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 12:44 pm

muckyman wrote:
Looks very nice but I don`t see anything much better than the Mavic.
I would like to see them in a side by side tracking test.
Also at nearly twice the price of a Mavic I don`t see it stealing the
market just yet.

Ooops did forget to add,this is autonomous whereas the mavic has to be told the distance to follow,when to zoom,when to orbit and things like that.
It is autonomous and learning, it will start to fly better over time as they sell more Skydio's.
The Skydio doesn't really compare to the Mavic with this autonomous AI system.
I doubt it has the same range as the Mavic though, think this drone is more for close range videos.

https://www.skydio.com/technology/ wrote:
R1 interprets the context of each situation to figure out how to act appropriately. Through deep learning methods, it understands the difference between things it sees and factors that understanding into its behavior. And, because Skydio is always analyzing flight data, R1 becomes more capable over time.

Here's 4 Skydio's swarming a running person. They are still flying a little wobbly, but that will change.
Since they are still learning, the next update could possibly make these things fly autonomously in 3D mode. Surprised
Would be strange if all of a sudden worldwide all the Skydio's start flying in 3D mode by themselves.

Only 1 needs to figure out how it works. Suspect

Back to top Go down
cujoway
quake God
quake God
cujoway

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 4:58 pm

that amount of cameras is gonna seriously fuck with battery time
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2018 9:23 pm

cujoway wrote:
that amount of cameras is gonna seriously fuck with battery time
16 minutes according to the specs, might be shorter in real life.
About 2/3 the flight time from a Dji Phantom 3.
Not very long, but not bad considering the cameras and all the calculations it does.
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou
quake God
quake God

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 12:10 am

That's odd, I posted a reply to this yesterday after watching all the videos, and it's seems not to be here.

Anyone spotted an odd reply to another post that as I may have replied to wrong one....?

SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE 984587
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 11:29 am

PapaLazarou wrote:
That's odd, I posted a reply to this yesterday after watching all the videos, and it's seems not to be here.

Anyone spotted an odd reply to another post that as I may have replied to wrong one....?

SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE 984587
Strange, I remember this happened to me once also, not long ago. scratch
I noticed it shortly after posting and assumed it was my own fault. Pressed preview and then log out, or something.
But now I am not sure what happened, cause I can't actually remember making the mistake.
Maybe the server at forumotion screws it up somehow now and then.

Forum is a bit slow here last few days, maybe there is maintenance being done?
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 9:41 am

You maybe pressed the Draft button in the middle by mistake.
Or even preview  lol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE   SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKYDIO r1 DRONE- ACTIVE TRACK OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE DRONE
Page 1 of 1