muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Unitree Introducing | Unitree G1 Humanoid Agent | AI Avatar | Price from $16K
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 pm by CANNER

» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:25 pm by CANNER

» 1st Neuralink Patient’s Staggering Update
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2024 1:55 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
 FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
 FPV drone stuff I_vote_lcap FPV drone stuff I_voting_bar FPV drone stuff I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
 FPV drone stuff I_vote_lcap FPV drone stuff I_voting_bar FPV drone stuff I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

FPV drone stuff

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 1:32 pm

FPV drone stuff Fpv-racer-tb250-rtf-kit-m2-w-cam-bag  FPV drone stuff 2179795567

http://www.mcmracing.com/en/home/90814-eturbine-etb250-3c-m2-fpv-racer-tb250-rtf-kit-m2-w-cam-bag-TB250-3C-M2

Found this complete kit, excluding goggles. And the price isn't too ridicilous, 'only' 350 euro, including an extra batterypack.

The good thing about this drone is that it is strong and build to crash, and if it breaks parts are cheap and easily replaceable.
But on the other hand it has no GPS and it is pretty loud. Also I realised I have not much electrotechnical background, which makes dealing with the electronics a bit difficult.
FPV Goggles will have to be bought later, and are quite pricey at about 350.

At the moment I'm not sure what to do. Considering the fact I live in a small country, with not a lot of places where I'm allowed to fly.
Getting a cheaper drone won't be as awesome, but maybe this fpv racing drone is slightly to advanced and costly.

Perhaps I should wait a few months, save some money for when the OculusVR comes, and fly with that...   FPV drone stuff 139183

Last edited by CANNER on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Personaly I would (am) buy a cheap ready built standard one just get the hang of flying, as it is
a skill that needs learning.
This way any crashes,which are likely and frequent that cause damage won`t be expensive to fix.

Once you think your skill is ready for a more powerfull and better equipped machine then go for it.

Like you I live in a built up area and space is limited so I will be going out to the countryside at weekends in the summer probably and learn with the cheap machine.I would hate to crash and destroy a camera on my first flight lol!

CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Thanks for the advice, think you are right. It's better to get a cheaper pre-fab model first and see how it works out.
Think I got a bit overenthusiastic from that drone race video Very Happy But looking into it a bit deeper, it takes more then just to learn flying skills. 
Money helps, but technical knowledge for repairing and upgrading is also required. Ofcourse that can be learned, only not sure if I want to, I just want to fly... What a Face

Now searching for a affordable ready-to-fly model with decent quality onboard camera.   FPV drone stuff 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Did a lot of searching and comparing cheap quadcopters up to about 150Euro. Decided to go for a tiny one with decent fpv camera. A tiny drone doesn't draw as much attention as a larger loud one. But only found 1 model that I like, only it is sold out everywhere, at least here in NL. Also it needs a better rctransmitter for proper flying. So with transmitter and maybe some batteries total costs for this one will still end up around 250-300E. But there is a downside to the smaller models; limited range, not one has a good hd camera and most look very fragile. Also because they are lightweight they can't carry a extra camera.

While the TB250 costs 'only' around 340E, comes with a good transmitter and a 1080P camera. And it is strong enough to carry a extra camera. But watching the next vid I'm not even sure if I can get it to fly... Very Happy Laughing Surprised Rolling Eyes Neutral It will probably work out, but I'll sure need to do some study/research for setting up the flightcontrols.

/sr
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:15 pm

Found this one, but with a price of 220E it's not really cheap.

Hubsan H107D+

It seems nice, easy to fly 'out of the box', and the camera is quite stable, Also nice there is a videoscreen build in the transmitter, but the videoimage is more for orientation then making nice footage. This is the kind of quadcopter that makes it all nice to get enthusiastic, but the imagequality is not good enough to stay satisfied.
So it will eventually end up on the shelf either way.  scratch

Here's some camerafootage from the TB250 for comparison:

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 8:06 pm

Out of control quadcopter like this can be very dangerous.  FPV drone stuff 2837414639
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:17 pm

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Racer-250-FPV-Drone-w-Eachine-I6-2_4G-6CH-Transmitter-7-Inch-32CH-Monitor-HD-Camera-RTF-p-1008942.html

OMG I clicked on the banner from BangGood to check out the sales, then I found this one cyclops
It is almost the same model I already was looking for, but cheaper and it comes with a videoscreen... bounce
Going to check the site a bit more later, and if I decide to get one, it will probably come from the UK.

FPV drone stuff 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:20 am

That looks a pretty sweet kit....tempting me to part with my savings lol!

If you do want one you will have to wait a week....Available on Pre-Order Stock due to arrive on January 13 2016

CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:23 pm

I've seen that it is a pre-order, but I can wait a week or 2. I will never get it for that price overhere, so no problem waiting a bit. Smile

cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 pm

FPV drone stuff 2qinscm

I did it cheers Could not resist the offer. Smile

Now the long waiting bounce

FPV drone stuff 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 8:30 pm

Got the idea to maybe try build the videoscreen into a cheapo cardboard vr headset like the one google has. Surprised

FPV drone stuff Google-cardboard-vr-virtual-reality-bril

But first I better learn to fly and stay airborne.  What a Face
I have no experience with rc stuff at all, so lot of learning to do.

/sr
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 4:02 pm

Well.....I spent some of my savings on the hubsan in the videos above  FPV drone stuff 246381

It looks small and compact but most of all easy to fly for a noob like me.

Should arrive early next week I hope.
it was 98 English quids dunno if that's cheaper than those in the video.

Last edited by muckyman on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : stupid old twat can`t use a keyboard properly)
Back to top Go down
https://themuckyplace.forumotion.com
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 8:09 pm

muckyman wrote:
Well.....I spent some of my savings on the hubsan in the videos above  FPV drone stuff 246381

It looks small and compact but most of all easy to fly for a noob like me.

Should arrive early next week I hope.
it was 98 English quids dunno if that's cheaper than those in the video.
Nice Smile 98pounds is not bad, bit cheaper then here in NL. I think you got the older model with 640x480 camera res. The newer model got 1270x720 res, but is more expensive.

I'm planning to buy a smaller quadcopter for practicing inside, preferably one I can link to the same rctransmitter. No way I'm going to send that heavy racedrone high up on the first flight. It is heavy enough to make a large dent in anything it hits if it falls down. So I'll be practicing at groundlevel till I get a good feel for the controls.

btw, I took some effort to look up the laws and rules for flying with a drone in my country. Idea

FPV drone stuff 33040
Back to top Go down
2litre
quake God
quake God
2litre

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:30 am

FPV drone stuff 246381
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 pm

That was fun. Cool Also loved that tiny Millennium Falcon taped to the quadcopter. Smile

Back to top Go down
2litre
quake God
quake God
2litre

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 4:05 pm

sunny alien  FPV drone stuff 83209 space glider    FPV drone stuff 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Still waiting for my drone to get restocked and shipped from China. bounce

Already found the next thing on my wishlist. After I receive the drone, I'm going to order some extra props, batteries and these cheapo videoglasses:

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-VR-007-5_8G-40CH-HD-FPV-Goggles-Video-Glasses-4_3-Inch-With-7_4V-800mAh-Battery-p-960761.html

Resolution isn't super, but it does enable FPV flying and it's cheap at only 56.86 cheers

If I had to buy all this stuff here in the Netherlands I wouldn't be able to afford it.
When everything works out and I have the drone flying with videoglasses, I expect to have spent around 375-400.
While here in the Netherlands it would have cost me about 750-1000. Neutral

FPV drone stuff 139183
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:38 am

/sr
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 12:59 pm

I bought a Hubsan Nano Quad Q4 Drone to practice a bit, before I start flying the Eachine250.  FPV drone stuff 139183

FPV drone stuff 1348615_AB_00_FB.EPS

FPV drone stuff 1348615_LB_00_FB.EPS
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm

Looks cool m8....has it arrived yet ?

Still trying to learn to fly my damn thing indoors,to sick to get out at the moment.

CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 2:32 pm

muckyman wrote:
Looks cool m8....has it arrived yet ?
Think it will arrive on friday or saturday. Smile

Quote :
Still trying to learn to fly my damn thing indoors,to sick to get out at the moment.
No Don't be sick, you should try to get better.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 11:27 am

muckyman wrote:
Still trying to learn to fly my damn thing indoors

Have you figured out how to set different experience-level yet? I remember you said it was set to 'expert mode' when you tried it first.
This switches of all stabalisation, which makes it really hard to fly. Saw in the manual you can also adjust the sensitivity of the controlsticks.
And you can try switching the transmitter to mode1 or 2.

FPV drone stuff 590662
Is this the quadcopter you bought?
http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/800000-824999/807318-an-01-ml-HUBSAN_FPV_MINI_QUADROCOPTER_RTF_de_en.pdf

FPV drone stuff 807318_LB_00_FB.EPS
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:36 pm

These 2 videos may be helpful  FPV drone stuff 139183

Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 am

Quote :

Yes it is.
Will check vids out later,just woke up lol!  cheers.

CANNER
CANNER

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 11:45 am

muckyman wrote:
Quote :

Yes it is.
Will check vids out later,just woke up lol!  cheers.

Wow Shocked Well,  I figure you probably couldnt sleep last night from the leg pain.
But I can never sleep that long, was awake at 6AM today.
Once awake in the morning, I can't get to sleep again no matter how late I went to bed. 

Good luck figuring out the controls.  FPV drone stuff 139183

cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FPV drone stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPV drone stuff    FPV drone stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FPV drone stuff
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next