muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Multiple solarstorms heading for Earth
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:21 pm by CANNER

» Festo BionicBee
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» MASSIVE Water 'Disturbance' DEEP in Southern Hemisphere of Earth!
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» Motion Extraction - Video Effect
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2024 9:14 pm by CANNER

» Global Auroras Light Up Mars!
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 9:27 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2024 2:05 pm by CANNER

» Jetson ONE - eVTOL Formation Flight Performance
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:11 pm by CANNER

» All New Atlas | Boston Dynamics
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2024 1:37 pm by CANNER

» Kerry Cassidy - Robert Stanley
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 pm by CANNER

» April 4th 2024 Peru Press Conference - Tridactyl Mummies - ENGLISH
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 pm by CANNER

» LIVE - Solar Eclipse April 8, 2024
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2024 9:30 pm by CANNER

» 2015 | Outremer 5X | For Sale With 36° Brokers
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2024 2:42 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAndys quad build. - Page 2 I_voting_barAndys quad build. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_vote_lcapAndys quad build. - Page 2 I_voting_barAndys quad build. - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Andys quad build.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Andys quad build. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 12:25 pm

muckyman wrote:
So will have to buy another monitor for that Andys quad build. - Page 2 984587

I don't use the screen much tbh. I bought it in case I ever had to take off the fpv goggles during flight. But in reality it's too complicated to take off the goggles while flying and then switch to the screen to fly fpv. I tried flying using only the screen, but it is very difficult, once you take your eyes off the screen, orientation is gone. Now I only take the goggles with me when I go flying. The screen is for when somebody is with me, so that person can see what I am seeing.

This screen may not be exactly what you thought it was. But if you have a laptop with video in/out, the antenna could still be usefull. Besides recording, you could use any videogoggles available. You got a lot more choice and some are cheaper then real fpv goggles.    video glasses (link)  Not sure if using a laptop for fpv-video causes greater latency though.

Having a laptop with you is nice anyway, because you can tune the quad on the spot and see right away how the quad handles with different settings. And if you have gps activated, maybe you can use the laptop to find the quad if it's lost after a crash.

Here in Holland, when you accidentaly bought the wrong item you get a week to apply for a refund without problems, doesn't the UK have the same?
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 3:43 pm

Forgot to mention that having a laptop/groundstation with video antenna can be really nice, because you can screw on a bigger antenna then you can carry on your head. Which means better videoquality and greater range.

Andys quad build. - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 6:38 pm

Ok...thinking of using one of these now instead of the ocday 250. Andys quad build. - Page 2 984587

muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 pm

FFS I might of guessed...yes painless has one on his channel lol! lol!

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 8:11 pm

The green shield looks nice, but think this is model is for more advanced pilots. The camera is a bit exposed. Doesn't look like it will survive a crash. At least on the ocday250 there is some protection from the frame.

Andys quad build. - Page 2 33040
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 9:51 am

Ordered the 280 size one,can go up to 6 inch props then if needed.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 11:34 am

280 is pretty big. Looked up how much it weighs, and it's pretty heavy too. (Empty Weight: 143G)
You may need those 6 inch props, on the banggood site they recommend 6 inch 3 blade props.

Why not use one of the frames you already have?

Even though the motors can carry the weight easily. It's when doing dives and stunts you want the quad to be as light as possible.
The Eachine250 is quite heavy and I found from experience the heaviness makes it hard to stop the quad when falling hard.
It's like braking hard in a heavy truck, versus a small light car. The truck needs more space and power to stop all that weight.
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2016 12:01 pm

The 250 I have is slightly to small for what I want to build

muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 11:55 am

Damn...looks like I need to buy bigger ESC`s for my motors.. Andys quad build. - Page 2 984587

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 12:59 pm

I read it is better to get ESC's at least twice the needed capacity, this so the ESC's can handle any voltage and temperature spikes better.
I can also imagine that specially in the summer heat tends to become a bigger problem.

http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t565141p1/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1026280
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 10:59 am

Got one of these 330`s extremely cheap from banggood,to go with my 280 lol!

And a great soundtrack Andys quad build. - Page 2 139183

Quote :
I read it is better to get ESC's at least twice the needed capacity

No way I`m going up to 60a ESC`s...( ETA just seen how fucking cheap they are so may get some lol ).shame the guy has no vids showing the performance he`s getting from the 2205`s,he appears to be using 12a ESC`s and there is no way he can get anywhere near the top thrust with those.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 2:02 pm

330 is giant. Very Happy Gonna be a large quadcopter with blades and all.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :I read it is better to get ESC's at least twice the needed capacity

No way I`m going up to 60a ESC`s...( ETA just seen how fucking cheap they are so may get some lol ).shame the guy has no vids showing the performance he`s getting from the 2205`s,he appears to be using 12a ESC`s and there is no way he can get anywhere near the top thrust with those.
Halfway the video the guy uses 30amp ESC's which seem to do the job, with the motors drawing about 24amps max. The 60amp ones are quite expensive actually, so maybe look for some 40amp ESC's to go with those motors.
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 pm

The pics are so big, have to scroll to see what's on them.

Looks like you got everything complete to start building now. Or are there still parts missing?
That PDB looks a bit primitive, is it going to work? Or are you going to use the Matek one?
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 10:49 am

Yeah I forgot to resize the pix...the pdb was stupid cheap and I just added it and some led light strips to an order to justify the shipping fee.

Got pretty much all I need now except the matek board,which hopefully will be here this week.
ETA...deleted huge pix...came out crappy quality for some reason anyway.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Maybe you can use that cheap PDB to attach all the LED's, though I'm not sure if that is possible.

Do you already have batteries and lipocharger?
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Quote :
Do you already have batteries and lipocharger?

Yes but only a cheap crappy charger.

here`s some pix of the tarot 330 .

Andys quad build. - Page 2 One10
Andys quad build. - Page 2 Two10
Andys quad build. - Page 2 Three10

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Looks awesome. Pretty big though, at least enough room for that APM and large battery.
Not sure if the motors could handle this size battery, but half hour flighttime is really nice:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9K2V9KqUVg
That cameramount looks great, makes installing the camera very easy.

Quote :
Yes but only a cheap crappy charger.

You're also going to need one of these:

http://www.banggood.com/AOK-CellMeter-8-Multifunctional-8S-Digital-Power-Capacity-Display-Servo-Tester-p-1007822.html
Andys quad build. - Page 2 A3c7ab85-75a2-4d85-8fe2-bc79b7e7454c
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Matek board arrived today,it`s surprisingly smaller than a standard 46x46 board and fits in my
tarot 330 perfectly,sadly my APM ardupilot does not lol! will have to get a mini flight controller Andys quad build. - Page 2 984587

Andys quad build. - Page 2 Matek110

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Yikes that is indeed small, bit larger then a postage stamp. Maybe I'd need to get a 3rd hand when soldering on that little thing.
Strange the APM doesn't fit, wasn't expecting it to be that big. Doesn't really look so big in the Painless360 video. Andys quad build. - Page 2 1432
Can't you make it fit somehow?

Still haven't ordered parts for my quad, though I have spent many hours looking, comparing and learning on the Banggood site.
I'm making a list of parts to order, but I keep adding and replacing stuff. At the same time looking for tools and other things needed to build a quad and working with electronics. Smile
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 9:00 am

Here`s the problem.

Andys quad build. - Page 2 A10
Andys quad build. - Page 2 B10
Andys quad build. - Page 2 C10

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 9:49 am

Ah yes I see now, the Tarot frame is smaller then expected. Looks like it could fit in the middle if you cut off the screwholders, or doesn't that fit either? To save a few bucks maybe you can saw a tiny piece of the carbonfiber with an iron saw. But then again, getting another smaller flightcontroller could be as cheap as 15E. Smile

btw, I ordered a whole list of parts from Banggood yesterday. cheers Not everything complete yet, but got most of the parts in one order. Andys quad build. - Page 2 139183
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 2:52 pm

The APM has to sit on an anti vibration mount so considered modifying that and sitting it in the battery bay and slinging the battery underneath but thought fuck it and ordered a seriously pro naze 32 board which are 36x36 same as the matek and fit this frame perfectly.
I got the SP3 one because it has all the extra ports for adding stuff like LED`s and erm...other syuff Andys quad build. - Page 2 719771

Andys quad build. - Page 2 1sp310

Will use the APM on the more traditional quad frame with legs that I have somewhere.

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Nice one Andys quad build. - Page 2 590662 Does it come with presoldered pins, or must you do that yourself?
Back to top Go down
muckyman
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 10:53 am

By default it comes with un soldered pins but for an extra 3 pounds they will solder them on for you so I got that option
to save me fiddling around Andys quad build. - Page 2 139183

CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2016 11:04 am

muckyman wrote:
By default it comes with un soldered pins but for an extra 3 pounds they will solder them on for you so I got that option
to save me fiddling around Andys quad build. - Page 2 139183
That's nice service, and cheap at only 3 pounds. Cool What store is that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Andys quad build.   Andys quad build. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Andys quad build.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next