muckyman.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

muckyman.co.uk

HomeRegisterLog in
Help my beer fund
Latest topics
» Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:41 pm by CANNER

»  UFO spotted in China? Mysterious flying objects cause widespread chaos at Tianjin airport
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2024 2:00 pm by CANNER

» Sky Caught LEAKING During Powerful Geostorm!
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2024 8:46 pm by CANNER

» Meet DJI Neo
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2024 2:22 pm by CANNER

» That Time UFOs Attacked 2,000 Humans : WEAPONIZED : EPISODE #57
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2024 8:57 pm by CANNER

» Resin Printing vs Filament Printing, which is better?
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2024 2:50 pm by CANNER

» The Gobekli Tepe “Situation” is WORSE Than I Thought
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2024 2:28 pm by CANNER

» Preston Dennett - UFOs in Your Hometown Pt3
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2024 2:47 pm by CANNER

» Portland Andy - LIVE UK Sunderland Manchester Belfast Liverpool Stoke Hull
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2024 12:01 pm by CANNER

» BREAKING! Antarctica ANOMALY Causes CAT 5 CYCLONE!
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2024 2:38 pm by CANNER

» Unprecedented Solar Storm Effect - Bad News for Earth
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2024 9:51 pm by CANNER

» Bird tells cat to shut up!
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2024 2:19 pm by CANNER

Top posters
CANNER
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_vote_lcapBuilding FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_voting_barBuilding FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_vote_rcap 
muckyman
Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_vote_lcapBuilding FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_voting_barBuilding FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_vote_rcap 
sengoksa
cujoway
dorito777
_KLEO_
Firsty
PapaLazarou
2litre
Sinsinety
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CANNER
CANNER

Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts Empty
PostSubject: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2024 2:18 pm

Copy and pasted from the other topic, and making a seperate one for this.

Now I can print my own parts I'm going to try to make an rc car using old drone parts.
Searched on youtube and found several videos/tutorials on how to do it, I don't have to buy anything.
Already gathered all the electronics and other stuff I need for the build.

Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts 139183

Here's an example of an rc car made from drone parts:
Not going to make mine exactly the same though. Smile

The guy that made the rc car video from above also made a video that shows the Betaflight settings he used.
But the way he set it up it can only drive forward, going to try set it up in 3D, so I can drive backwards too.
He also included a link to a printfile for the wheels. Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts Icon_surprised [https://cults3d.com/fr/mod%C3%A8le-3d/jeu/roues-pour-voiture-fpv]

Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2024 9:33 pm

Checked all the electronics and so far everything is working fine, including receiver link to the radio and arming.
Even the old batteries seem ok, though not sure about the performance, and still must be extra careful when recharging.
Now thinking about whether to print some 90 degree standoffs for the wheels and use the drone frame, or design and print an entire new frame. scratch
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2024 3:03 pm

Little update on the fpv rc mini car build. Smile 
All the red parts are made by me (excluding the tire rims).
Used the ones from the download link above for scale of the motor axis.
Only the carbody is downloaded and modified a bit.
May need to print the body in 2 parts as it's just too big for the printer, 
or maybe modify it a bit more, so I can print it as 1 part, but it looks cool like this.
btw That bar around the wheels is to secure the axis of the motors.
Because the dronemotors are not designed too work as carwheels and,
the axis are pretty weak and probably won't last very long without securing them.

fpv-rc-mini-car2
[https://ibb.co/Px2JL2K]
fpv-rc-mini-car3
[https://ibb.co/5LZ9c6J]
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2024 2:42 pm

Couldn't resize the carbody without having to rescale and redesign the entire car.lol!
Eventually it turned out to be a good thing because now I also know where to place all the electronics and camera.
I rescaled the body to fit the printer build plate, so I can print it in 1 piece. Smile

fpv-rc-mini-car4-1
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2024 1:33 pm

OMG Rolling Eyes  So stupid... lol! I realised I could print the carbody without resizing after all by rotating it 90 degrees and print it nose first.
The printer would have almost reached max height for it, but it is possible. Funny I had not thought of that at all, till just now.. Surprised 

doh cool
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:39 pm

Almost finished printing the car body. Smile

20240916-232315
20240916-232322
Back to top Go down
CANNER
CANNER

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:41 pm

Came out pretty good, the front window frame is a bit thin, but the rest seems strong enough to handle a couple of crashes.
Will be printing some of the other parts later today. Smile

20240917-023930-U
20240917-150719-U
20240917-150933
20240917-150955-U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts   Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building FPV RC CAR from old drone parts
Page 1 of 1